Just let it be for a day (everyone chill)

by jelly 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon is not the antichrist

That's not what they said at my 'marking talk' !

• sf
    sf

The problem with 'just letting this go for the day' is that when this occurs and then is brought back up after the day is over of letting it go, there are those who cry that we are NOW harping and 'beating a dead horse'.

So thusly, nothing is every resolved or completely talked out. It is simply 'let go' and anyone bring it back up 'to the top' is seen as a nag.

sKally, 'PB' Klass

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Simon is not the antichrist

No, Onacruse is!! Bwhahaha!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL StinkyPantz!

And jelly, your avatar always shows up as a red x. What's up?

• jelly
    jelly

I cant think of a good one.

Terry

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Dammit! I hate it when I miss a fight!

Mike.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Re: single malt scotch. For those that don't like the strong 'burn' of scotch try Scapa. It is a very mild single malt with a nice flavour with little of the bite/burn. Of course just adding a splash of water tones it down even more but in many circles would be considered sacriligious. lol

Skally: You mentioned the PB class. He, Focus, Jan and Kent were notorious for many moderator wars of long ago. You witnessed what that did to H20. The inability to let things go and the insistence on having the last word and arguing for the sake of arguing helped destroy that board.

Many here are trying to prevent history repeating itself.

What is the real harm in letting some things go? Fighting every battle is tiresome and counterproductive. Is having a post deleted or locked on an Internet board really something that is worth losing friendships over? Not to mention the emotional energy spent? I would think most people would have more important things and people in their lives that such energy would be better spent.

My 2 cents

Uzzah

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Pyrrhic victories don't come with trophies. When is it ever that important to be right all the time. Very few discussions need to be beaten to death. I won't loose friends to unworthy flame wars. Right is right do no harm. I'm going to have a glass of Chirazz.

Thunder

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Frannie B

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

PB Klass? Peanut Butter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit