Why are Pioneers so obsessed with time?

by truthseeker 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dead on Blondie! The Secretary informs the PO, who talks to the Service Overseer who goes to the Book Study conductors, who "encourages the members of their Book Study. And what is the primary concern of these spiritual men? Keeping your hours up! If someone is having personal problems they may, and often do, get overlooked. But let the hours slip and the Brothers will jump right on it! After all that's what the corporate inspector hammers them about when he visits. His title, Circuit Overseer. Maverick

• Xena
    Xena
    ...for the same reason people enjoy their "Emperor Class" status. It makes them feel good, even though it means nothing. Same as the JW's isn't it?

hhhmmm I can't remember the last time I introduced myself as Xena, an Emperor at JWD lol Emperor status? Heck they won't even let me taunt the Jr.s & Masters at the Apostatefests....stick in the muds All I get from being an Emperor is the knowledge I spend way to much time on here! I rarely agonize over the amount of posts I put in either...at least not until I get my sheparding call from minimus.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Yeah, with all that worry over time, some fine example they are.

It's a staus symbol of sorts, but a tough one to maintain. Pioneers want you to emulate their fine level of service.

UpandAtom said:

...for the same reason people enjoy their "Emperor Class" status. It makes them feel good, even though it means nothing. Same as the JW's isn't it?
    Well UpandAtom. It would seem by your posting levels, that you are not doing your full share in "the work" I would suggest you look closely at your situation, pray earnestly over it, and dedicate youself to more time at JWD. You know get up and at em !
  • Francois
    Francois

Anything to get more of those worthless magazines lining more of those cute bird cages.

The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is guilty of pumping more than its share of sunshine up its own pants than it's entitled to. (Let's make a song here)

It's getting lots of someone else's share.
    Is it yours, is it mine, (shake booty while singing this part)
    Look at them JW booties shine.

JOIN IN HERE WITH YOUR OWN VERSE. COME ON IN ESPECIALLY YOU SOUTHERN BOOTIEOLOGISTS. THE WATER AIN'T DEEP

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I always saw pioneering (or aux pioneering) as a game to see who could get in the most hours. When a JW wins the game, his/her head gets all bloated people start talking. "Oh, did you hear that brother Brokenfeet got in 93 hours this month??" The winner gets lots of recognition through gossip. Then, to make their head bigger, they're asked to give experiences during the Thursday Night Meeting

• Panda
    Panda

Francois, As the instigator for this song I think you need to write a few more verses to show you're worthy of our time.

Oh wow do I ever remember the era of 90hrs/m 1000hrs/y. I only reg pio for 2 years (actually less) I was stupidly honest on my time sheets. And we couldn't count a study until the 3rd study. Plus I worked 3 different part time jobs. Yikes no wonder I crashed! When I quit nobody talked to me about anything. Not even a sorry you've had it so tough. Nothing. Now I was just a poor publisher who couldn't afford to go on trips before and after assemblies. I started to think that I was exactly where many in the cong wanted me depressed and down. And neither of those are Jah worthy.

I hate believing a publishing company is god.

• Hamas
    Hamas

They want to keep up with the social elite of kingdumb publishers.

If you have status; you have friends.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember my old JW boyfriend. He worked 10 hour days and then decided Jehovah wanted him to pioneer during the month of April. That was a big-to-do, I remember even someone posting a hand-made poster in the back of the KH charting the # of auxiliary pioneers with a drawing of a thermometer. I guess some elder had the joy of filling in the color with his precious theocratic approved red marker. He wasn't able to make his time for that month, falling some hours short (I take credit for most of that distraction.) He had to write a letter to the Society explaining why he couldn't fulfill his obligations. Did that happen to other people who failed to make their hours?

• shera
    shera

Don't want to get under that 60 hours,they may die at armageddon. They may have missed a potential if they didnt get that 60 hours in and they may be held liable for his/her death. How senseless it really is.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Yes, UpAndAtom does have a newbie status.... and always will. Glad to see my comments were taken with good humour... although I'm hardly surpsied.

Cheers,

UpAndAtom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit