What should I do??

by Ghosthunter 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

My oldest son is going into the Navy the end of this month. My JW mom wants to see him before he goes in and also wants to see her new great-granddaugter. She's going to pull the ole' "you can still come back in" BS, which is what she is supposed to do. How can I tell her this is not going to happen without her labeling me as an apostate?

• caligirl
    caligirl

Are you saying she will pull that on you, or your son? You could always just acknowledge the thought that you could go back with " I know" and leave it at that.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My wife and I still sometimes see dubs, and they usually say something like "we miss you at the meetings" or "when are you coming back".

I don't think it would help to object strongly... they only mean well.

Just today we visited with a JW couple at a hospital because the wife is very ill. Near the end of the visit they asked some questions about us coming back. We just told them that the issue was very complicated and thanked them for their concern.

I believe if you object too strongly to the "message" you will be labeled an opposer. If you want to have any sort of relationship with these people, it's probably best to avoid that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit