Education vs JW?

by galaxia_moon 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

Yes, neither me or my children attend college because of the harassment that was going on at the time about "higher education."

Jehovah's Witnesses like to keep their people stupid as do most religions, however they have taken it to a higher level.

So my friend it's time to make the choice "the red or blue pill"

Keith Casarona

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TRUTH_B_KNOWN:

No, they’re not interested in helping anybody..and that communal attitude would not work in the modern world.

The hateful attitudes I saw in the JW religion came from the top down...Yet, the older hypocrites in the congregation were collecting their pensions so they were obviously in the workforce!!

Anybody looking in MY direction to do favors for the old ladies with cushy lives and other Users was deluded!!. I had no intention of helping anybody when I was criticized and shunned for having a job...Where did these idiots get their nerve?

No, I looked out for myself.. I stayed on the fringes of the congregation with few friends until I began my ‘Fade’ after they came out with that 1995 Generation thing...I cannot stress enough that my life would have been ruined if I listened to these hypocrites...If these people were still living I would track them down and write a letter telling them I’m Retired because I never listened to any of the nonsense in the JW religion.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome to our forum. I think I can say that virtually no one on this forum would discourage you from getting higher learning........ especially in a field that you are interested in.

I'd start early to plant the seeds of your interest in getting some serious education with your parents. The society at times has a desperate need for college level JW's............ so that's a good fall back point. In fact Bethel itself looks for skilled believers as well as those who have useful educations.

I don't know if your baptized........ hopefully not. Hopefully never. Resist that option. Jesus wasn't baptized until he was 30 years old.....some how the Society slides past that fact.

There will be a number of options open to you in the years to come. In the mean time when you turn 16 an after school job working for a vet, or helping out at some health care facility.

When you work along side professionals it is amazing how much you can learn.

A lot of JWs teens these days are living at home while they attend 1 year or a two year community college.

In the meantime be kind and loving to your family members, keep up with house hold chores. And stay focused on who you are and what you want to be.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum Galaxia.

I hate those feelings because it feels like I'm betraying this whole organization that I grew up in...

You shouldn't be made to feel unloyal to this pretentious organization when its realized this organization is founded by lies, ignorance, fear, corruption, coercion, exploitation and manipulation.

It was and still is an organization that creates power and money for a few select men and that's mostly the reason it exists.

Most religious organizations were founded and built upon these principle endeavors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit