Just think about this for a bit.....

by Surreptitious 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Odrade
    Odrade

This is the scripture that stuck in my head for years. A householder took my bible out of my hands one day and read it to me. I was about 18. It always bothered me after that, but I didn't know what to do with that fact. I think in some small way though, it made me more inclined to think about stuff. Thanks Bob!

Odrade

• teejay
    teejay

Surp,

You are a funny man, and I mean that in the best possible way.

:D

• Gadget
    Gadget
    and much study is wearisome to the flesh.

Thats why we just accept everything we hear from the platform and the wtbs, so we don't have to study and wear ourselves out...

• sens
    sens

That Scripture Haunts Me Now

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Ain't it strange that those at the top always want to stop us little folks finding out anything for ourselves?

Solomon, who reputedly penned these words, was by his own confession a hedonist and had tried every pleasure and diversion (including worshiping his wives' idols).

The problem with books for him was probably that they stopped him eatin' drinkin' huntin' and having sex with his two hundred wives and four hundred cucumbers..

• sens
    sens
    Solomon, who reputedly penned these words, was by his own confession a hedonist and had tried every pleasure and diversion (including worshiping his wives' idols).

lol...yer but he was punished for worshipping false gods remember...

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I don't keep a Bible handy either. I use this site: http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible

• bebu
    bebu

I get the feeling that the WTS iinterpreted that verse to mean that they were supposed to print books no end, rather like it was a command!

I could not understand the draw of having everlasting Bible studies on Paradise Earth. Guess they would still be publishing.

bebu

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    much study is wearisome to the flesh.

I'm weary. I need to bring a bible to class. OK, enough messing around, back to books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit