If you could have written any piece of music what would it be?

by azaria 26 Replies latest jw friends

• azaria
    azaria

Maybe TeeJays thread inspired me. (in the Family section) Maybe because the church service this morning was especially inspiring. There are so many beautiful songs. To have been able to write such songs as Have I told you lately by Van Morrison, One tin soldier (can't remember who), or What a Wonderful World (sung by Louis Armstrong). At the moment I'm listening to Beethovens 9th. His Ode to Joy to me is sublime, the whole symphony is. Goose bumps, tears, joy. The words were written by Friedrich von Schiller and Beethoven put it to music.

Ode to Joy

O friends, no more these sounds! Let us sing more cheerful songs, more full of joy!

Joy, bright spark of divinity, /Daughter of Elysium, /Fire-inspired we tread /Thy sanctuary./ Thy magic power re-unites/ All that custom has divided,/ All men become brothers /Under the sway of thy gently wings.

Whoever has created /An abiding friendship,/ Or has won /A true and loving wife,/ All who can call at least one soul theirs,/ Join in our song of praise; /But any who cannot must creep tearfully/ Away from our circle.

All creatures drink of joy/ At nature's breast./ Just and unjust / Alike taste of her gift; / She gave us kisses and the fruit of the vine,/ A tried friend to the end. / Even the worm can feel contentment, /And the cherub stands before God!

Gladly, like the heavenly bodies / Which He set on their courses / Through the splendour of the firmament; /Thus, brothers, you should run your race, / As a hero going to conquest.

You millions, I embrace you./ This kiss is for all the world! / Brothers, above the starry canopy / There must dwell a loving Father./ Do you fall in worship, you millions? / World, do you know your Creator? / Seek Him in the heavens! / Above the stars must He dwell.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would write something that would hypnotize the masses into subjection to me, the Great and Almighty Elsewhere!!! Muahahahahaha

Visit Smiley Central!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have written parts of a few songs that I ultimately will record one day. So I enjoy listening to songs, and thinking what would I have done differently if I could change it, or would I leave it alone.

I think my favorite song of all time that I would have been so proud to write is "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel.

The song is just absolutely brilliant.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Greensleves.

• Mulan
    Mulan

"Memory" from Cats, written by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Amazing song. Gives me chills.

• Special K
    Special K

I've written a lot of songs.. I have 4 guitars.. does that make it a collection..

however, I don't tend to play much these days. Life changes.

When my spouse and I did ballroom dancing for a number of years.. I always, moaned that there were hardly any 3/4 waltz music..(in current times).. newer 3/4 waltz songs. .. catchy 3/4 waltz songs.

Anyway.. I think there should be some 3/4 waltz songs.

You can always find a current "fox trot"

You can always find a current "triple jive"

You can always find a current "cha-cha"

a current "Samba" is a little harder. but I didn't like that dance particularly anyway.

There is lots of "country two steps"

SOMEONE WRITE ME A NEW CATCHY.. 3/4 waltz and take it to the top of the charts

special k

• Panda
    Panda

Papa from Yentl written by Michel LeGrande sung by diva Barbra Streisand

It all began , the day I found that from my window I could only see a piece of sky

I stepped outside and looked around and all at once I had the feeling that I could fly.

the time had come

Papa can you hear me

to try my wings

papa can you see me ...

papa watch me fly

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Music-Music : Le BOLERO de RAVEL (It's toooooo much)

Music with lyrics : "What a wonderfull world" IMIKAM ... (version's)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

It would be a magic piece of music that mellows everyone's spirit, makes madmen sane, heals the sick in heart, mind and body, raises the dead, turns the desert wastelands into verdant meadows with streams, and rights all wrongs....

Frannie B

• Odrade
    Odrade

Holst's "The Planets"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit