Where do you believe the watchtower organization will be in 20 years?

by micheal 30 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

I know if any of us had our way the org. would be gone tomorrow. But in realistic terms, what condition will this cruel organization be in in 20 years.

My guess is that it will still be around, but I believe that the numbers will actually decrease. If there are 6.2 million today, in twenty years I believe there will be 4 million worldwide. I say this for a couple of reasons. Times are changing and watchtower will not, also people through efforts like ours will educate and inform others of the way they abuse their own in so many different ways. This will lead to the braindead brainwashed staying and those with backbone to leave.

• Panda
    Panda

In 20 yrs the WTS r/f will be preaching that Christ came and went giving the WTS another 1,000 yrs to get the preaching work done. And the 3 prophets will be resurrected at the pyramid with heavenly beer and wine . The brown paper bag will be an important sign of the leaders at Patterson and Brooklyn. The watchtower will proclaim Jehaoaqs kingdom on cd delivered toyour door by the brown bag class.

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

My point of view is that all religions, not only the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses, will soon pass away. The religions are not the true way to near Jehovah God because they in many ways are dominating other people. And man was not created to either decide what other shall believe or act in behalf of Him.

"All this I have seen, and there was an applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his injury." (Ecclesiastes 8:9)

Jehovahs' Witnesses are, like many other religions, dominating people what they shall believe to be accepted by Him. This dominating course is not from Jehovah God, it is from Satan the Devil. Therefore will that kind of religion disappear by an angel in the symbolic destroying sea. "And a strong angel lifted up a stone lika a great millstone and hurled it into the sea saying: 'Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.'" (Revelation 18:21)

Benny Sikter, Sweden

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

this is by far my favorite question, I have asked this same one on other threads,

I do believe in the next 15-25 years it should come tumbling down, but then again there are alot of loyal ones who stick it out regardless. My reasoning ALL of the annoited and governing body will DIE OFF. So then what ??? another heavenly class, "new light" on how to run things, probaly, but how many times can they pull this one on the publishers ???

• sens
    sens
    This dominating course is not from Jehovah God, it is from Satan the Devil.

They are just control freaks...

Btw....

Hi & Welcome Benny...

3 Sens 4

• dmouse
    dmouse

They will still be around but slightly different.

It will be necessary to tone down or get rid of unscriptural requirements and teachings. For example the teaching that Armageddon is imminent - you just can't go on shouting 'Ice-berg dead ahead!' for 150 years and not expect people to get a bit cynical, even JWs. There is also the publicly unacceptable face of JWism - the blood issue and disfellowshipping for example. The Internet will force the WBTS to face and alter their stand on these things out of necessity if they are to grow.

Because I believe the more harmful teachings of the WBTS will be downgraded and abandoned I think that they will be still going strong as a religion in 20 years time, although, as I've said, they will be a different religion than they are today.

I even think they will be bigger than they are now.

That is, if they change, which logic demands. On the other hand they could be so stupid and arrogant that they will refuse to change. In which case they are doomed. They are arrogant, yes, but I don't think they are that stupid!

As for religion disappearing altogether I think that's many hundreds of years away. It is too highly ingrained in all societies yet for that to happen.

Oh and welcome to Benny!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Where will the Western world be in 20 years? The Watchtower will survive so long as the world political situation remains relatively unchanged. Political neutrality aside, JWism is an American religion. I think that the WT's power over both American and non-American JW's will decline if the USA declines as a world power.

Pentecostalism is where it's at now. Oblivion religion is much better suited to today's masses than JWism.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I think as time gets on they will get more and more extreme, except the members will be blinded by the cult mentality and just see this as more evidence they are right. I think dmouse is right that they will keep growing, but in regard to the end coming I think we will see more or the "we are now living in spriritual paradise' sort of reasoning, that armagedon is not litural and we lived through it as predicted in the scriptures(We just didn't know it at the time) and are already in the new system. The new job will be to inform people of that before jehovah destroys them, which will be coming very soon. Matt 28 will have been fulfilled (Preached in all parts of the world), and we will be busy fulfilling the prophecy that they will have to reconise Jehovahs power before being destroyed, this being the new focus of the preaching work.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Well......lessee....they're ruled by a Gov. Potty....publish mountains of toil-ette paper (mags & booklets) and they're already

Frannie B

• Simon
    Simon

A lot of the growth of the WTS is to do with the "immediacy" of it - the end literally being 'nigh' is a more powerful and compelling message than "when god decides to make it".

Now this has been taken away and when current JWs actually start realising it then I don't think they will be as enthusiastic with the preaching work or generally as 'comitted'.

It will probably still exist but will either be a milder more mainstream religion (with more followers) or else a smaller band of hard-liners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit