Shot off a TON of Fireworks for the 4th of July, did anybody else?

by Dunedain 7 Replies latest social physical

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I just finally settled down for the night, as its 1 a.m. in the morning, EST, right now. I finally cleaned up my yard a bit, and a few friends that were over have left.

Anyway, i bought about $1,000 dollars worth of fireworks to shoot off for the 4th. I had SOOO much sh%t, i didnt think i was gonna shoot anywhere near as much as i did, but, between me and 2 buddies, we shot off like 85% of it.

Literally for an hour and a half we were shooting non stop, sometimes 3 or 4 heavy mortars at once, without a break. It was AWESOME! Plus, i had quite a few neighbors doing it as well, so it was quite the show in my neighborhood.

Whats interesting is that fireworks, meaning anything that explodes, and or shoots into the air, are totally illegal in my state, New Jersey. That being said, where i am, unless the police are actually called, they will not bother you, at least not on the 4th of July. I had to travel to the neighboring state of Pennsylvania to buy all this stuff, but it was worth the trip, and money, and very slight "risk" of purchasing them.

We had an awesome time shooting them off, right in my backyard. I had no small stuff, and "fluff". It was only huge mortars, big and bright, and colorful. No roman candles, no showers, no firecrackers, just the big bad stuff that you usually see in a fireworks show.

I had some double, and triple shot mortars. Had some 500 gram repeaters. Had a ton of the finally style big boxes that fire multiple shots, but with 1 fuse. We would shoot 4 of those off at the same time, plus some double and triples, it was INSANE.

Nobody got hurt, we stopped at 10 o clock, since its a week day, and it lasted about an hour and a half of non stop explosions, lol.

The next phase, will be tomorrow. My wife, and younger daughter were away since Friday, as they went on a trip to visit a nephew in Virginia. Hence, i had the house to myself these past few days. It gave me quite the leeway to go a little nuts tonight, and have my show, with a few friends over. That being said, i have quite the clean up tomorrow, lol. TONS of wrappers, exploded pieces, empty boxes, and burnt paper are all over my backyard. They are coming home tomorrow night, so i will be cleaning up the "evidence" before they get home.

Thank God i put a plastic tarp over my pool, otherwise there would have been a ton of crap in my pool, including gun powder, sand, and sawdust, not good, but at least its not in the pool water.

Anybody else out there have as much fun as i did?

• MightyV8
    MightyV8
    Anyway, i bought about $1,000 dollars worth of fireworks

You blow $1000 bucks...HOLY SHIT

Two things, you much have a shit load of money or rocks in your head.

Next year can I have an invite, please.

Glad you had fun.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I went to a concert and fireworks put on my the Walmart family. Bentonville. It was great. I don't buy fireworks. You are literally setting fire and blowing up your money.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Read that post and it doesn't sound wasted at all. Good for you man. If you had that much fun, good for you.

I bought some and then realized that where we live sucks for lighting them off. We're on a corner with no back yard and our side yards don't have a good place so we were stuck out front and too many cars drive by. After a close call with morons in a car that stopped just feet from the fireworks that almost got hit with them I had to shut it down. I'm giving my stuff away to someone that wants to have fun farther back in the neighborhood.

Again, good for you. If you have the cash to spend and want to blow it out, do so and have a blast, literally and figuratively.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Oh yeah, it was really fun. I have a very large backyard, that has a cement patio towards the back end of my yard, so it was the perfect spot to shoot em off.

Honestly, i would have never spent $1000 on fireworks, if i couldnt afford it. Its a luxury, for sure, but a luxury i can afford. All the bills are paid, the family wants for nothing, and i can spend $1000 bucks on fireworks, without any issue.

It was a great time.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Oh yeah!!!!!!!

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ Mightyv8 - You are more than welcome, lol. Would love to have ya. I know you would have loved the show brother.

• zeb
    zeb

Jealousy is a bitch...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit