The secret fears - did you have any?

by days of future passed 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Schnufti
    Schnufti

My greatest fear was always that they would take me into an interrogation room during the Great Tribulation and convince me that it was not the truth.

Turns out my biggest fear came true and is one of the best things that could ever happen to me.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

There is another fear that isn't so hidden. The Demons. If they came up in casual conversation, that wasn't too bad. But if you happened to think of them when you were alone, or at night - weren't you afraid to dwell on it? As if by thinking about them, they would be drawn to you? The Village had a scene where the lurkers of the woods, were coming into the village. Later it was mentioned that they were the ones you shouldn't speak about. This movie has many references to how a religion uses fear to keep the young people bound to "the village" The demons are also used by the WT to scare the bejesus out of people. Funny how Sophia and Caleb haven't run into any...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbJpJBKUf4k

• Ding
    Ding

The whole WT system depends on fear.

Perhaps this thread should be entitled, "The secret fears -- who didn't have them?" or "The common secret fears -- and you probably thought you were the only one..."

• cha ching
    cha ching

ok, I just have to know... Did any of you ever have this fear that IF you had a "demonic" experience... like a nightmare, and you woke up with your heart racing? or heard a weird sound that you didn't know where it was coming from, so it had to be a demon....

that IF you let on that you KNEW there was a demon that they would bother you more.... that would be IT!! you would REALLY have demon problems...

BUT, if you ignored them, pretended that they weren't there, they would go away?

There was a time when my JW sister had been hearing this weird 'chirping' sound in her hallway, by her bedroom for weeks, she pretended that it did not exist... ignored it... for WEEKS!

I came over, heard the sound, looked around... When I went towards it (to the left) the sound went to the right... When I looked right, it went left....

THEN, I looked up..... It was the smoke alarm... the battery had gone dead, and it was chirping! All that torture for weeks because she believed in demons!

I have had none of these experiences, or dreams since leaving. No demon worries. Ahhh... so glad to be free!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    days of future passed, JWs do not believe in the Christian teaching of GRACE at all. The idea of Universal Salvation is one that they would not be able to wrap their minds around.

By the way, I'm an atheist. I think maybe I always was, even when I was 7 years old and my mom was "jehovizing" me.

When I was a young man, but still in, there were doctrinal points that I knew I couldn't defend rationally, but from time to time I would do something like throw out a piece of artwork (sculpture) given to me by a non-JW because of a superstitious feeling that *MAYBE* it could be demonized, and *maybe* that was the reason I had an argument with my wife.

Really stupid stuff, but the JWs essentially teach that we live in an irrational world in which ANYTHING - disembodied voices, floating demon eyeballs, exploding chickens, angelic bodyguards, OUIJA boards that jump into the air and fly apart or will not burn - is possible.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

cha ching yes through my childhood demons was a main theme at the meetings and in my dreams or should I say nightmares. My thinking is this s part of the spiritual abuse we all received from the Borg. Glad you don't have those dreams anymore. Good post days of furture passed. Take care all.. Still Totally ADD

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Yes I had them. My secret fear was...erm...

...wait... secret!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit