Do you have friends in different age groups?

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Whatever your age, do you make friends and hang out only with people your age or will you hang around with people much older or much younger than you?

Mentally I must be quite young, because I love to hang around with people 10 to 15 years younger than me.

I never hang around with older than me, and rarely with people my age. That must be because I'm single and have no children, so I think I'm still much younger than what I am.

How about you?

• shera
    shera

Usally around the same age,well I'm 33 and my hubbie is 30...

Most of my friends are from 25 to a few yrs older than me.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am in my middle 30's, and most of those that I hang with are about the same age give or take a couple of years. I do have some very good friends that are quite a bit older however.

I tend to think once you get to mid 30's to 40ish, it all kind of blends together anyways. Not such a big deal as it was when we were much younger.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I'm a JW...I don't hang around with anyone...they are all part of the world don't ya know.

Usually + or - 15 years for the group I consider friends. Although most time is spent with a three year old.

• gumby
    gumby

JH,

I can relate to what you are saying as I DID .....not now do....the same thing. When I was in my mid thirty's I had usually younger friends as people my age acted like old bastards and I didn't relate as well.

I would say now it's people my own age 98% of the time, but much is due to my surroundings. My line of work has many my age, and these are the friends I'm most aquainted with and I would prefer that age anyway if my surrounding weren't involved. You change at 40 and you are more concerned with what you feel are more serious matters and you would rather....at this point....be with likeminded people.

Gumby

• Jade
    Jade

My friends have always been older than I am.

• wednesday
    wednesday

When i was in my 20's i thought the world revolved around people may age, and no one else was worth associating with.(way too old) As i hit my 30-40's i branched out and now have friends anywhere from 10yrs younger to 15 older.I believe young people are afraid of older ones , like they had a catching disease.

The jws are really bad about aging a perosn. I know when we were 30, they had us all old and all. We were thne not invited to the yougner people parties and became old people. Since when does 30 make u old? Wait till u are 50 and find out how young it is!!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i've always had almost exclusively older friends

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

I am at the tail end of my fifties, and most of those that I connect with are between mid 60's thru early 20's. I don't feel the gap. We all have common threads in life. It's been that way for the last 19 yrs for me.

It's interesting I feel age less except for my physical body with my interactions with others.

Age-less Old Crow

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have always had younger friends. In the borg all my friends were younger - 5-10 years younger. For quite a while I was the youngest of the elder's wives in our cong (by 15 years or more younger) Many of the younger sisters and I were friends.

After I left the same pattern continued although the gap shortened. Most women tha t I know know who are my age are at a different life stage. Many still have children at home.

I have tried friendships with women my age but for a variety of reasons it just never really clicks.

My best friend now is younger than my oldest daughter. Her mother is 2 weeks younger than me. I think my friend is an old soul.

But I do get along with people of all ages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit