Play Ground Witnessing

by BeautifulGarbage 10 Replies latest jw friends

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Thank you, everyone, for commenting on this thread.

Cruzanheart,

I, too, I'm grateful that my own children will never be witness kids. I realize now, that the pressure is enormous. Though, in my own childhood, it wasn't all bad. Sometimes, I would actually go to meetings with my Grandmother, a super JW zealot, just to get away from my insane home (My Dad had been DF'd and hadn't been reinstated, yet). The old sisters at the hall, and bookstudies, were nice to me and I had a few hours of "peace." However, living with the "the end" looming was frightening and took many years to get over.

Dawn,

Yes, either way there is baggage. I suppose the only outcome one can hope for is that his foster Mom will one day have her trance broken.

Joker 10,

As a matter of fact, no.

Latte,

At the time that he offered it to me, it didn't occur that he brought it just for me. I'm still not sure of that, it was only something that struck me later that perhaps this may have been planned.

Elsewhere,

I generally get a daily hug from Billy. If the matter comes up again, I will gently tell him that I appreciate his concern, but I am working and my focus needs to concentrated on the safety of the students.

Big Tex,

In no way, whatsoever, did you offend me or did I feel criticized.

"O K" he says dejectedly. I guess he had better get used to it because there is going to be mostly rejection of his magazines.
    Ouch

Please know that I didn't say "I guess he had better get used to it because there is going to be mostly rejection of his magazines." to Billy. I was something I thought about when writing this post. And, it's true. Save for a handful, if he's lucky, nobody is going to be interested in his Watchtowers. Rejection is a way of life for JW's. Could I have been one less? I suppose I could have been at that moment. However, even for Billy, I could not do that. First off, to accept it from someone that I see five days a week only invites questions about whether or not I have read the material. I didn't want to get his hopes up and sooner or later I would have had to reject his teachings. I felt it was best to stop it right there.

Also, I have an obligation to be fair and impartial towards all of the kids regardless of their circumstances. This means that I must do my utmost to retain an air of emotional detachment. I have also had to whisper in the ears of a few other kids about standing respectfully during the flag salute. Plus, if it had been some information about some fundamentalist church, my reaction would have been the same. I would be lying, however, if I were to claim that the WTS being a factor in this situation didn't effect me on a personal level.

Also this week, a little boy told me that he felt safe at school because he had his bible in his backpack. My response was that I was glad he felt safe.

Please know that I do very much appreciate your perspective and insight. I have a seven year old son, myself. And know how much the love, and approval, of the adults in his life mean to him.

Freedom96,

No, he doesn't know any better. I need to remember that.

Suzi,

Thanks. I'm not a teacher, though. I'm a supervision aid. Along with my co-workers, I make sure the kids behave and are safe while their teachers prepare for school and take a lunch break. I mainly took this job because it allows me to see my son during the day and can be home when I kids are home. Though, I do tend to be rather "motherly" towards them and am always willing to give a hug if it's needed.

Talesin,

Thanks. I think I do have an very empathic side that some of the kids clue into. Billy's sad tale is one of many that I have encountered. It's the JWness of it that resonated with me for obvious reasons. I hope that any damage done to him is minimal.

Again, thanks:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit