Johnny Cash

by BluesBrother 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• heathen
    heathen

spanner I watched a documentary on johnny and that song was actually written by chris Kristofson ( However you spell that ) but I don't think anyone could have made it as good as johnny . My favorite has always been the Folsom Prison Blues . The aol has an all johnny all day station and I been listening to it and loving it . He really was one of the best in the biz.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Thanks for pointing that out, Heathen. But I never knew that Kris Kristofferson wrote it (if he did). And nobody else would if Johnny hadn't sung it, yeah?

Spanner

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Johnny Cash was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. I suspect he approached being a genius. He was still writing songs when he died, not bad for a kid from the cotton fields of Arkansas. Bug.

• undercover
    undercover

Good story about that song. Kristofferson wrote it and Cash was going to sing it on his(I think) TV show. The producers wanted him to change the line

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
    I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.

to something else. When Cash sang the song and got to that line, he looked up at Kristofferson and sang the song the way it was written instead of bowing to the pressure of the producers.

Take that Jim Morrison.

• heathen
    heathen

They said the first time he sang that song was on the Johnny Cash show and they were trying to make him change the lyrics on the part that he talks about being stoned but he went ahead and sang that part to shocked audience . wishing I was stoned lol

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Thanks, Heathen, Undercover and Bug!

Spanner

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Because you're mine.

I walked the line.

I'll miss you Johnny Cash! May God see you into the heaven you so deserve. I never got over those blue eyes, I see them everywhere.

CG

• IronGland
    IronGland

I loved this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit