Watchtower disputes $200K tax bill from Newburgh

by Rattigan350 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

IMO -- EVERY governmental municipality, county, State, etc should start taxing ALL religious buildings/real estate holdings (with perhaps an exemption for the actual place of worship & schools -- REAL schools, NOT TMS), including parsonages, residences, investment property, etc. They use the infrastructure just as much as any other business (and they ARE a business) and are a burden on taxpayers. I personally resent subsidizing them with my tax dollars. Many not-for-profits in cities that are desperate for revenue are voluntarily paying a "tax" (usually 50% or less of what would be accessed any other for-profit business) just to keep the politicians from "going after them".

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So disputing a fair tax bill doesn't bring reproach upon jehovahs organization?! Keep it wt. With your short sightedness ,in a couple years you'll have most of the community hating you!

• sir82
    sir82

If the organization fought 1/10 as hard to remove child molesters from their midst, as they do to avoid paying so much as one penny in taxes, they'd have the cleanest organization in the history of the world.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DESIROUS OF CHANGE:

I agree with your post: all religious buildings should be taxed because they do use the infrastructure as much as everyone else.

It is never a good thing when a religion has a building in a neighborhood. Everybody else’s taxes around them go up to overcompensate for what the government doesn’t get from them!! 👎🏻

I have no use for religion and consider them parasites unless they offer a material benefit to the community. Any tax break would have to take into account how useful they are.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The county might waive the taxes, then burn those buildings down and see how Watchtower would fare without fire dept. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If only "prayers" worked.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

IMO -- EVERY governmental municipality, county, State, etc should start taxing ALL religious buildings/real estate holding.

This /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ times 100 with ZERO tax breaks!

Religion - leeching off the public for centuries!

• Listener
    Listener

According to the article they did pay it for a couple of years and are now asking for a refund, which means they initially agreed to the payment but now want it back. Things are really getting desperate for them, they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Imagine if everyone whoever slaved for WT for years asked for their money owed.

Never happen but funny to imagine..

Bitch betta have my money...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit