The difference between Jesus version of forgiveness to that of watchtowers version of forgiveness

by UnshackleTheChains 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Jesus version of forgiveness

https://youtu.be/6SNr5zJFngg

Jehovah's Witness version of forgiveness

https://youtu.be/RDYWN3CM_Iw

• Scully
    Scully

The Prodigal Son just went back to his father's house, and he was forgiven and his return was celebrated.

Watchtower won't let you just go back. They have to be sure that you've been abused into submission to their rules, and won't say or do anything that makes Watchtower look bad, even if what you're saying is true.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

This is what you need to do to get Watchtower forgiveness

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Jesus view of forgiveness: ask for forgiveness and you will be forgiven.

WT view of forgiveness: Jump through a million hoops, kiss as many behinds as possible, and wherever you move to, your record(s) of your transgressions will follow you wherever you move to indefinitely.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ain`t that the truth !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like I've been saying, it really does seem like the Org - deep down - doesn't actually want XJWs (however they became that way) to return to the fold...

...either because they run too high a risk of "knowing too much", or because there's an unspoken strategy to prune the membership down to a more "manageable" size (proportional to the cutbacks, staff reductions, and property selloffs, perhaps?).

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, somehow Jesus left out the part about the prodigal son had to sit at the back of the dining room, not eating or talking to anyone for months or years. Then how he was on "restrictions" for a few more months.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You got that right sir 82 ,

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

WT version of forgivenss: Abide by WT rules and you will be forgiven.;

Even though Jesus fogave those who nailed him, he was intolerant on certain other occasions especially: How do christians Justify this. Sorry, Jesus is off my good book, long before.

Luke 19: 27.And these enemies of mine who were unwilling for me to rule over them, bring them here and slay them in front of me.’” 28. After Jesus had said this, He went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.…

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit