Evil Lifesytle Getting Country Into Trouble....

by teenyuck 11 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Here is an editorial from today's newspaper, the Columbus Dispatch:

Evil lifestyle getting country into trouble Thursday, September 11, 2003

When I heard about the World Trade Center being struck by airplanes, I thought it was because our country had become like Sodom and Gomorrah, with all the crime, murders, drinking, gambling, cursing, nakedness, adultery and abortion. I thought God had lifted his protection from us, and he was letting the ungodly take over.

Then, a couple of years later, a court threw out the Ten Commandments and let the devil in. We need to put the Bible back in schools.

God help us.

VIOLET CARRINGER

Columbus

Just an average US citizen......

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yes, God Help Us indeed...from people with simplistic world views.

I sometimes wonder does such a limited view make the world an easier place to live in or harder. I mean obviously Violet here has it all figured out. God is good, if anything good happens it's from God. Satan is evil. If anything bad happens it was his fault. That really makes it easy to map out. But then you have an uphill battle really because obviously God is peeved at us...and now we are in a knock-down-drag-em-out battle with the heathens so we get our favor back from God.

• little witch
    little witch

Good Grief!!

I dont see how people like that can enjoy anything in life.

Do they only see the worst in people, in life?

I would hate to feel that way. That is one of the main reasons why I hated the watchtower so much. The constant negativity, trying to make things look bleak and hopeless, so to get people to accept them as some kind of savior.

If folks could only have a little more faith in humanity,and be a little more positive, there would soon be no use for the fundy freaky religions.

I could never understand how someone can profess a belief in the almighty, and rectify that with being left in a cesspool to wait helplessly

BTW, I was listening to CSPAN this morning, and you would not believe the nuts that phone in. It is laughable!

• Hamas
    Hamas

What the world needs is a good religious book burning session, and for everybody to turn their backs on God, just as he turned his back on us, AND those that died 9/11.

The bastard.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    When I heard about the World Trade Center being struck by airplanes, I thought it was because our country had become like Sodom and Gomorrah, with all the crime, murders, drinking, gambling, cursing, nakedness, adultery and abortion.

That's more or less the reason Osama Bin Laden gave.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I thought the same thing, funkyderek.

Also, sounds like ancient mythology: if the crops failed, you've offended the gods. If a child dies, you did something wrong (e.g. god punishing David/Bathsheba). I wonder if everytime something bad happens in Violet's life, she figures it's because she did something evil. Must be a pleasant person to live with...

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

This kind of attitude is, unfortunately, very common in this area of the country. In spite of having a huge college (Ohio State University) and numerous smaller, well respected colleges, the population remains *undereducated* and bible thumping is in full swing.

When the local news show a crime, the victim's family/friends etc. pray alot for the perp to get caught. It usually has nothing to do with good detective work.... (They pray for OSU to win football games too, so who knows, He must be watching....)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Anyone who is afraid that their god will punish them for the actions of others has a very cruel and unjust god.

• jelly
    jelly

That type of polar, black and white thinking is common world wide. Out here in california it is not relgion that is the backdrop for peoples dogma, its issues like the enivironment. People develop these viewpoints that cannot be tested and any attempted to question them is a form a heresy. Basically, its not just religion, but the pattern in that person's letter is the pattern of thought used by extremist of every political shade.

Unqestioned Dogma is everywhere.

Terry

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    God help us.

VIOLET CARRINGER

If Violet's god "helps" us, our planet is doomed, for it will prove the existence of an irrational, insane creator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit