"We Miss You".....

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

That's what I'm starting to hear. My mother has had a number of people asking her where our family has been. "Have they been attending another Hall?" "Is everything alright?".....Yesterday, I got a visit at work who's been a family friend for 40 years. She said, "I'm assuming that you've gone to another congregation". I replied:"Nope." She said, "We miss you...." I said, Thank you. That's so nice". I had obvious work to take care of at that point and I ended the conversation by saying that it was nice seeing her and to have a good day.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I love it. The jw's hate it when they get vague answers. Keep standin tall min. Who knows, you might get a J-lo pic as a reward!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

We Miss You!

Yeah, my Biological family tells me that sometimes. I always remind them that I'm not avoiding them... they are avoiding me through shunning. I also remind them that if they really miss me so much, they can simply stop shunning me.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

ah, the old "you're missed". they can't get you back with the theology, so they try the emotional tack. my mom still does this every once in a while. "oh, so and so was asking about you at the meeting the other day. they sure do miss you!" uh, ma, i havent stepped foot in a KH for over three years now. the "miss you" thing is not gonna cut it. ;) it's kind of amusing though. i just have to remind myself that "the congregation misses you" is witness code for "love you".

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You know what min

I think this kind of thing will begin to happen more and more

As the average dub gets fed up with the rules they will begin to feel again. Many will take a safe risk to begin to talk to some who have disappeared in the hopes of reconnecting. If caught they can honestly say they were just checking on your status.

But there is a hole where their hearts are and it is empty. Many will want to fill it.

Some of those will want to drag you back to satisfy their own sense of loss. Other won't care about the rules. The losses have been too many and the bodies are piling up in the empty seats. They will begin to talk to us. Many good ones are leaving and the wolves are running the show in many places

Depending on a person's situation it could be the time to give a real witness for truth (as opposed to The Truth TM)

Just some meandering thoughts of mine

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The JWs are taught to say "We miss you" or "We missed you at the meeting on Sunday". They use human emotions to keep you "encouraged", and to keep attending the meetings. This is all fake love. If they truly missed you, they would come visit you, and they wouldn't say "We missed you". The only time these three words are truly heartfelt are when two people who love each other are separated for a significant amount of time.

You're handling the fake love quite well.

• minimus
    minimus

I think when people see ones like me and my family slowly but surely stop going to meetings, it makes them befuddled. They seem to know thar there MUST be a good reason for our staying away. What do we know that they don't? It perplexes them because we were always the "role models" to follow.

• mustang
    mustang

Got a Spanish (or other foreign language) congo KH nearby?? I gave serious consideration to popping in at the local Spanish KH to fulfill my "religious obligation report" once.

You would be doing a good turn for the foreign language "brothers" attendance. In addition, you get to hone your Theocrapic Warfare skills.

Mustang

• minimus
    minimus

Mustang, Once you've stopped going to English speaking meetings, there's no reason to go to foreign ones now. Besides, it's all the same crap.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Exactly Min they will be confused. They might drop it. But there will be some who won't.

Well and of course there are those looking for dirt.

I guess besides looking at our own situaltion we need to check out who is making the statement.

I think it is too easy to say they are all robots. many are. But many are like some of those who are leaving now - with great confusion and doubts and no where to express them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit