YouTube BANNED this video yesterday!

by The Fall Guy 18 Replies latest social current

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ Cofty - watch the video! It's in German with subtitles. Icke is not involved!

John Ioannidis, a professor of epidemiology at Stanford University, has branded the data we have about the epidemic “utterly unreliable”.

• Simon
    Simon

Fewer people will die overall because we're not spreading the usual flu, not driving or doing all manner of dangerous jobs.

David Icke is a nut, but sometimes it takes the nuts to draw attention to things and be outspoken.

I'm not saying it's true or not, I can't be bothered to watch it, but there is a risk in dismissing the messenger esp. when they may have been declared "nuts" by people it suits not to have them listened to.

e.g. people suggesting muslim grooming gangs operated in the UK were also "nuts"

• cofty
    cofty

I have too much self-respect to go anywhere near Ike's website. I would go to the WT website for science education before I would go there.

If he knows something we don't other sources will come forward.

• TD
    TD

Don't shoot the messenger!

Icke is not simply a "messenger."

He starts with his conclusion and backs into it

That is a style of argumentation (And logical fallacy) that everyone familiar with the JW's should be intimately acquainted with

• jp1692
    jp1692

The Psychology of Conspiracy Theories: Why Do People Believe Them? By John M. Grohol, Psy.D.

". . . personality traits such as openness to experience, distrust, low agreeability, and Machiavellianism are associated with conspiracy belief . . .people with stronger conspiracy beliefs are more likely to . . . have lower levels of analytic thinking. . . recent research demonstrating that individual narcissism, or a grandiose idea of the self, is positively related to belief in conspiracy theories."

Who believes in conspiracies? New research offers a theory - Science Daily

New research by Josh Hart, associate professor of psychology, suggests that people with certain personality traits and cognitive styles are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories. The research was recently published in the Journal of Individual Differences.

"These people tend to be more suspicious, untrusting, eccentric, needing to feel special, with a tendency to regard the world as an inherently dangerous place," Hart said. "They are also more likely to detect meaningful patterns where they might not exist. People who are reluctant to believe in conspiracy theories tend to have the opposite qualities."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They are refitting the Excel centre in London and the SECC in Glasgow too, in preparation for the numbers of cases rising. It does not surprise me that the Germans are making extensive contingency plans. They are probably coping with existing hospital capacity so far, but will use other buildings if necessary. If they never become necessary, then thank God for that.

David Icke is a nutter who was uncannily right about Jimmy Savile and other famous abusers years before the story became mainstream. He kind of trades on that. And I do think he is correct when he says the question “who benefits from this?” is a useful question to bear in mind when trying to understand developments in the news.

He is right that the current pandemic seems to be wiping out small business and the financial independence of many, while increasing the power of the tech and online giants, Facebook, Amazon, Google. The crisis is exacerbating existing trends that people interested in freedom and democracy should be concerned about. You don’t need to believe in hidden alien rulers of the planet to agree with that.

The rest is nonsense. It’s an indication of the uncertain times we live in that he is so popular. His views on gender are pretty similar to Jordan Peterson and Douglas Murray, with a bit of wacky conspiracy icing on top. Multi thousand seater venues are sold out for his presentations across the country. (Not at the moment obviously.) His books are extremely popular too.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Corona virus is mostly over in China. Total death count is 3,300 against a population of 3.3 billion. Some deadly pandemic. Unless you're a JW & then it's a sure sign of "THE END OF THE WORLD !!!!!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ mrquik...

Didn't you know?

Everything is a Sign of the End.

Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff.

• sir82
    sir82
    Total death count is 3,300 against a population of 3.3 billion.

At the risk of repeating myself:

Maybe - maybe - relying on the official statistics of a government that lies with the ease and frequency that you take a breath might not give you a complete & accurate picture of the actual mortality rate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit