What is having the biggest impact on the watchtower Bible and tract society?

by UnshackleTheChains 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

from what I've heard from what I thought were dyed in the wool JW's, it's that they can now see the weirdness of their handlers on the JW broadcasting. That, and a few are now saying, 'they're after our money again.'

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I know for me, and it may have been the same for you, being a witness was such a chore. I mean, i used to genuinely believe it but i hated the door to door ministry and i could tell people just pretended they had joy in it. One on one many would confess to disliking it. There was always one elder in every hall that was very pushy with the ministry and on a Sunday after the meeting would ask if you're going out. So you would just because you didn't want to say no.

Lifesaving work? Na, it didnt feel like it. I felt like i was annoying people and i felt i looked like an idiot talking about the end of the world.

Then there was the meetings. The obligation to attend all of them. Any hobby you had or anything cool going on always happened to be on meeting day. Thursday and Sundays (and before the changes came in Tuesdays too) had a grey cloud over them because you knew your morning or everning will be wasted on a meeting you're not even interested in. I envied other religions that allowed you to worship in your own home, in your own time and in your own way. Meetings and ministry sucked the joy out of being a JW.

And dont even get me started on the changes in doctrine. I was very studious. But was always discouraged from researching outside the Watchtower. Also discouraged from reading anything by Rutherford or Russell. I went through a time of reading Rutherfords books from the congregation library and was approached by two elders asking why i wanted to read them... very strange.

So in a nutshell, apathy, boredom, frustration, and the internet are bleeding the Watchtower of members and long may it continue.

• Chook
    Chook

INTERNET. It's the control of information which people base the beliefs and character on.

WT undoing is all old literature has been archived by only the apostates . JW don't want to know about the crackpot writings passed 1960, really they would like to wipe all there history . They will have hire trump to flush their CIA style leaks. Like I said it's all the internet. Information is king. The worlds peace isn't threatened by armies with weapons, its the internet , if the internet goes down ,money stops , food runs out for all major cities in 3 days. I truly believe there could be a great tribulation, but only because I see the vulnerability of a world that totally relies on electronic money ,electronic money cannot be dispensed with the internet.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Information Age.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

The demise of the generation of believers over 70, they provided hard core, were believers, donated regularly and largely, supported everything JW.

Now elders ranks being depleted of men with experience, replaced with younger over zealous ones who either destroy congregations or burn out themselves.

Older ones had no real knowledge of Apostasy or apostate literature, internet. They carried on in a bubble of believe that protected them from reality and questions that need answering.

New local leaders in no bubble, they may serve loyaly now but are challenges to them or the organisation in general likely to overcome their loyalty, in this Information Age I would suggest yes.

Monetary support came most from the elderly in congregations I observed, hectoring nowadays apparently needs to be constant to get the 'fresh' members contributing.

not seen or heard evidence yet of any disillusionment in the loyalt bethel workers with decades of service cast aside. I cannot see them supporting congregations 100% as they must need to support themselves as we all did, not easy working and supporting yourself having to care for all the material needs that have vanished in a blow of wind, I expect reality to kick in and the lack of status, means of living and pressures from the world they are now cast into to have a demoralising effect on them and then those around them.

So my view is loss of the generation that supported them through the heady days of bulk publishing , loss potentially of the former heavies, loss at the least of whole souled zeal they do not bring to life in 'the field' to be the killer punch for the WT ( I sincerely hope it is)

So core membership withers and with it financial support, to be replaced with no talent and no money

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I hear their now constantly begging for money. Have to throw that in to the mix. Poor people don't like being asked and guilted into giving what they don't have.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Father time itself is showing the instilled corruption of which the WTS has based and grew itself upon.

Continuously failed doctrines such as 1914 and forward has shown clearly that this organization was founded upon fear inducing false teachings, more inspired to commercialize and proliferate literature than being adherently truthful and honest in interpretation of biblical scripture.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PUNK OF NICE & LOSTANDFOUND:

Yes. The only reason they want people to return is because they're looking for money. If any JWs look me up, I'm going to tell them "by the way, I will never give any money - to anybody!"

When all these elderly die off, the Golden Goose is gone. The religion knows this. All the younger people with crappy jobs and the ones with serious "issues" are certainly not contributing anything.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Jehovah's Witnesses built in .........................EXCUSE!

• sir82
    sir82

Lack of contributions?

They've closed dozens of branches, have built virtually no Kingdom Halls in the US in the past 2 years, they've let go of thousands of Bethelites, have cut back printing by around 90%, they've sold some off their Brooklyn real estate (some for less than they hoped for)....not to mention their overt wheedling for money over the past 3 years.

Something is up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit