Rogue Bro. exposing TTATT, becomes a huge hit in Japan. It boasts nearly 300,000 access each month

by nakanozzi 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think Tony Morris would look better as a brunette, but Lett as a blonde schoolgirl works....you go girls!

• molybdenum
    molybdenum
    What is often overlooked about the statistics in Japan is how it relates to the culture. Doing things together and being part of a group is ingrained in the psyche of Japanese people especially the women. If you were in a congregation and were not a pioneer you were basically snubbed. So the number of pioneers in the 70's to the late 90's reflected the need to be accepted in the group rather than motivated by any love for Jehovah. To some degree that is still true but things are changing especially with the modern generation brought up on a diet of social networking and the Internet. The incidences of mental health problems related to such "groupthink" is being understood more and an undercurrent of rebellion against the pressure to conform is steadily eroding the number of pioneers in the congregations all over Japan. The young people who were encouraged (forced) to get baptized and then pioneer often straight from school missing out on a higher education as the "thing to do" are now realizing that there is an alternative and that it is OK to break out of the mold. It is not easy and there still is a lot of pressure to be part of the group but the effect of the new thinking is clearly being seen in the falling number of pioneers and those who are now see it is OK to drop out of the pioneer ranks.Probably there will be an even more noticeable drop in the future as the realization that the promise of "Armageddon is round the corner" has not come true and that many of the "old guard" who gave up everything for the pioneer service, including having children, are starting to understand that the hope of never dying is also proving to be an unfounded promise. Quite a few are facing old age with no pension and no children to help support them.The younger ones don't want to be in the same boat.Things are changing in Japan and the GB is definitely worried about it.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Well then I have to say GOOD FOR JAPAN. Good for them, because it means as a whole they are waking up. That's a lot more than I can say for the good old U.S. of A. Because they are not waking up as a whole. Yes, there are a many of us here in the U.S. that are waking up, but there are many a mile to go before the consensus is to "wake up people". But one day, one day I say, well, never give up is what I say...
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Banzai to Japan and the brothers exposing TTATT. And banzai to you nakanozzi, for giving the English speaking world a window into Japan's JWLand.

Is it true that many of the wealthier witnesses are sending their young ones (20s and 30s and 40s) to serve where the need is funner, in other countries? They seem to pop up all over the world on social media.

• nakanozzi
    nakanozzi
    stuckinarut2

Off couse He doesn't use his real name.
  • zeb
    zeb
    Can anyone give us a translation of the Japanese please
  • digipino
    digipino
    We add a word “ jw.org ” to a personal blog title in Japan and confuse a search.
  • Incognito
    Incognito
    Can anyone give us a translation of the Japanese please - Zeb

If you use the Chrome browser, it will translate the page with your consent.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "...In 17 years, several hundred congregations have been closed and over 59,500 fewer at the annual memorial..."

Holy f**k, I didn't know that. :hushed:

I guess Homer Simpson was right... they really are years ahead of us.

• Gayle
    Gayle
    How is Japan Bethel now?  Size?  Have they downsized as other Bethels?   Is it taking on some of Australia Bethel's printing recently?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit