The brain-washing works! A letter from a dub friend.

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 38 Replies latest jw friends

• smack
    smack

What a bitch! I mean, how brain dead is that woman!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    and while much of it may have been
    true there is no where else to go in this world.

This comment always pisses me off. And believe me, I heard it from my husband many, many times. Apparently, these people feel that the Witnesses offer the best "deal". It's like Jehovah is the best used-car-salesman of all possible gods. RRRRRRRRRRRRRrr......

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I'm sorry you had to see that

G'day Bliss,

I think this is the most telling words that your friend wrote. It's got nothing to do with facing the facts, or remorse, but "how terrible you saw it!". "head in the sand"? You bet! It's what I see about the Borg: they don't admit anything,and when they do acknowledge a problem, it's always someone else's fault! Y'know how it goes in the Watchtower, like "some brothers......" Yet, isn't this what Adam did? He blamed Eve! It was all her fault! How much like the WTS. It reminds me of the scripture "Satan has blinded the minds of the unbelievers". In this your friend is right, Satan sure has been busy. He's been busy on the WTS!

On a brighter note, Mrs Ozzie is Visit Smiley Central! - she says Hi! and I'm Visit Smiley Central!

Cheers, Ozzie

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

yes Ozzie.................all true.

By the way, she's our friend, know what I mean?????????????????

Love to you both,

Cheers, Bliss.

• shotgun
    shotgun

(((((((Bliss))))))) from shotgun

Sorry for pain bliss....I know if I ever hear of any JW's molesting children I'll report it to the elders right away...The elders of the Local HELLS ANGELS chapter so they can form a judicial committee.

Was the show in Australia dealing with cases from down under or was it something similar to the Canadian show Fifth Estate and Dateline NBC show?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Unbelievable. That letter made my stomach roll over, because I see in it all the catch phrases that I myself have used in discussions with people about real problems that get ignored; that smarter than thou, holier than thou, don't you see you poor deluded soul attitude that is the norm in the borg.

Ugh.

Sorry you had to get that letter, must have been very difficult.

For me, just being able to say THIS IS BULL**** was wonderful; no longer having to find a reason for the problem, or rationalize it like this woman did in her letter.

The witnesses have taken the cue from the society, and are blaming the whole thing on SATAN; maybe they just watched the church lady on SNL, and liked the idea?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I understand who ya mean, Bliss!

Oh, Mrs Ozzie's now snoozing...................

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hi and thanks friends..............

Yes Pistoff, the same phrases I used too. Scarey!

Shotgun.................the 'Sunday' show covered sexual abuse within the organization in Australia. They interviewed victims, elders, x elders and x dubs. It was very powerful and caused alot of upset amongst the dubs. Hubby and I never went back to another meeting after that.

Thank goodness we have moved out of that mind-controlling cult. When you read something like that letter you realise how lucky we are!

Cheers, Bliss.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

yes it is a real eye opener what their version of Christian love is

(((Bliss)))

yes you are free and friends now really care

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Pardon me while I throw up. That is NOT the letter of a true friend. Bliss, I'm so very sorry for what you have gone through. False friends like this don't help at all, except to make you realize how very fortunate you are to be away from that kind of "love." You are doing the right thing. Be strong.

Love,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit