My Wife & I Went To A JW "Wine Party" Tonight

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There were approximately 25 people there and a few from our Hall and no one questioned us about anything, the entire night! As I was leaving, one of our friends asked me if she would see me at the Kingdom Hall again. I answered, "If you see me, I'll be there". She looked confused and I said goodbye to everyone......

• sens
    sens

lol...first time ive ever heard of a 'JW wine party' ...lol

lol @ ''if you see me, i will be there''

classic

3 Sens 4

alt

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

You're the man, Min! I always love a good one liner.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Anyone wine about how long this system is lasting?

• minimus
    minimus

Stacy, I didn't say we were out in service......where all the gossip and whining occurs.

• Dino
    Dino

Hi min.

Your post reminds me of when my wife and I were invited to a wine and cheese tasting party (byob and byoc) by a pretentious witness couple. To my wife's eternal embarrassment I brought a bottle of Thunderbird and a block of Velveeta.

Dino

• minimus
    minimus

Dino, That's funny! We came in late and all the people were seated, listening to a very serious wine enthusiast. I thought we were getting set up or something . It seemed like a meeting was being conducted. (maybe the Memorial?) This "party" took over 2 and a half hours. Within 30 minutes of the thing, I slithered off into the other room and watched the rest of the US OPEN......$62 later, we left with wine orders for my wife.

• JH
    JH

Did some pass the wine around and not drink it?

• minimus
    minimus

I tasted 2 different wines out of 6 before I realized that this just wasn't my calling. But there seemed to be a more than a few good "prospects" there.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

My mistake....I thought you said "whine" party.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit