Did Being a JW Make You a Better Person?

by Boredposter 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

Men folk became more headship-minded, and women folk became more subjective-minded.

• Jayk
    Jayk
    Alot of higher up people in the congregation have this whole "do as I say not as I do mentality" and it's such a double standard. I saw how bad of a parent my mom was so now I know to do the opposite.
  • jp1692
    jp1692

Did Being a JW Make Me a Better Person? Yes, ... when I left!

• a watcher
    a watcher

Yes.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Having been born into the destructive cult, I don't know who I would have been born into the real world.

I will never know.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

membership of cults of any sort bring out the very worst in people, many of the most awful people I ever knew were jw's.

• Boredposter
    Boredposter

A few quotes from one person I knew who was Disfellowshipped three times but still went back to the organization because he felt "Jehovah was still in charge" (somehow) told me 'anyone can read you a scripture'. 'when has an elder ever given you a straight answer?', and 'Jehovah gets rid of these elders'.

• blownaway
    blownaway

Fuck no it destroys lifes. Its like asking did being part of Jim Jones cult make you a better person.

• dbq407
    dbq407

In my own mind i suppose i thought i was a better person. But to everyone outside the religion i don't think they thought so. Family thinks you are rude for not attending functions normal people go to, or talking down about other religions. After being out, i can see that most Jw's are hypocrites but try to say they are not. It made me judgemental of others who weren't jw's and even some who were jw's that weren't doing as much as i thought they should. But that is how the religion works and what they teach at meetings.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Did it make me a better person, lets see..What do you call someone who thinks they can do anything and believe he knows everything and everything they do is right but others are wrong..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit