CHESS Anyone?

by Francois 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Well, we could do it right here on one of the sub topics I guess and then every one could see it. Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Why do it anonymously? Then we would have someone to help keep track of the moves.

What do you all think of that?

francois

PS - Stilla - I'l like white of course. Let's get the groundrules down about where we're going to play it and then we'll get started, what?

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Frank,

I haven't played in a while, but I would like to partake in your newfangled virtual-reality chess tournament.

How do you envisage communicating the sequentional "moves" to one another? If it is via PM'ing should we

use terms such as "Queen's Rook Three Forward"? And/or do you think we should have a chess board all

set up, awaiting instructions?

Otherwise...I think Gambit's link is one that we could all hook up onto?

Spanner

• obiwan
    obiwan

Spanner, stick with checkers.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Obiwan,

Spanner, stick with checkers

Krusty, stick with play dough.

Spanner

• obiwan
    obiwan

Hey! Leave my sex toys outta this.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I'm surprised you know how to work them!

Spanner

• obiwan
    obiwan

For your information, I don't. That's what the little midget clowns are for....inspector gadget.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

What has this got do with the serious proposition that us intellectuals should be given the opportunity to play

chess via e-mail?

Spanner

• gambit
    gambit

lol@obiwan...

I can annotate using old-style or new-style conventions... such as 1) P-Q4, P-Q4 2) N-KB3, Q-B3 or 1) E2-E4, E7-E5, B1-C3, D1-F3...

Important thing is consistency... If you have a board with the new-style numbers, set it up so White is along row 1/2 and Black is along row 7/8...

If we use PM, just keep a running list so the whole game could theoretically be played out from the beginning each move... I'm not to sure I like the thread idea, but it might help to play the 1st few moves that way, just to get the players on the same page and hear all the antics of the checkers players... (I was kidding about the exciting play by play analysis)...

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Frank:

Would you mind elaborating on how we do this?

Spanner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit