a little intro

by proudassmonkey 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sens
    sens

Welcome Proudassmonkey

i don't understand how a supposedly loving organization rips families apart and no one has a problem with it.

They Have No Problem Doing it because they arent the loving org they make out they are...

I only left 3 months ago, I understand how you feel 100%...so does everyone here...

The amount of pain the wts inflicts on people is cruel, monkey

Hugz...

If you want you can email me, if you need someone to talk to or msg. etc at :

[email protected] or [email protected]

3 Sens 4

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Hi and welcome! Our stories are so parallel, it's almost bizarre: abusive parents, suicidal urges, etc. I hope you enjoy getting to know people here. They're very supportive.

Hugs,

Kitties

• Perry
    Perry

Some people are born with cancer, leukemmia, muscular dystrophy, very low intelligence, physical deformations, in an alcoholic or physically abusive home, or in a home of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Each has its own challenges and each catagory has had many heros. But, no heros emerge where a person doesn't accept his/her handicap and the price they must pay to overcome it.

Once I got over the initial shock of truly understanding the magnitude of bad luck that I had by being born a JW, I let go of many childish, ildealistic illusions. Only then, did I slowly get better.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

she tells me 'your father and i can't share a meal with you. b/c of choices that you made'

OMG..................................that sounds something like I said to my daughter a few years ago. But I have apologised to her and she is really happy I'm out of the borg now.

The borg brings alot of hurt into families and there is no easy way of getting over the pain. But never give up hope. And time is a great thing too. It took me a while to think things through, and I'm sure a few years ago it would have seemed impossible that I would leave the borg! But here I am, out, free, happy and being myself. I can be the mother and wife I always wanted to be.

Now I talk to people to help them know the 'truth' about the borg. It's all I can do to make up for the past, besides people deserve to know the truth.

Oh, welcome PAmonkey, you will find many friends here. You will find you have things in common with many here, most of us have suffered at the hands of the WTS in some way, so we understand and care. And even more importantly, we respect eachothers pain and hurt.

We may not have all the answers to problems but we do have the hugs and smile ok!

So a big welcoming hug to you and look forward to getting to know you.

Cheers, Bliss

• Scully
    Scully

Welcome, proudassmonkey!

Let me get this straight: Your mom used to beat you up for stupid stuff, and your dad used to cover up for her. Other people - JWs - saw what was going on and didn't do anything except enable the abuse to continue. Fast forward to now: Your mom is still verbally and emotionally abusing you. Your dad isn't doing anything about it.

Tell me again just WHY would you want to share a meal with someone who abuses you and another person who enables that abuse??

I'm with GaryB. DF the lot of them and shun them. Neither you nor your boyfriend need that kind of crap to mess up what seems to be a good relationship.

Love, Scully

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to the JWD forum, ProudAssMonkey! I just know yer gonna love it here....and btw, there's not a person who posts to this forum that doesn't care about every point you made and every question you asked in your intro, cher!....Many dubs who come out of the borg deal with suicidal tendencies....

The following URL will give you some info that may help you sort some of your issues out....it's posted on the JWD forum section dealing with depression and psychological issues.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/57203/842238/post.ashx#842238

Frannie B

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome proudasmonkey! I have somewhat of a similar situation. My mother beat me quite a bit, but usually it wasn't for anything that I had done. I was her "whipping boy" so to speak. I approached an elder about this, but he just told me that my mother was a very spiritually strong sister, bla bla bla. I also had desires to end my life when I was a teenager. I'm glad to hear you've broken free from the JWs. The only thing is I was never baptized.

As for your relatives, it is THEIR choice to not associate with you. When the two of you have children, they're going to be the ones losing out on their nephews, nieces, and grandchildren. They have the choice to either associate with you, or obey the WTS. They've chosen the ladder. However, give them what they want - no association. They may end up coming around. It's very much like dating; when you tell a guy you want space, and he gives it to you by cutting all communication with you, you end up missing him. Your relatives have feelings that they can't deny, and those feelings for family bond may overcome their feelings for "Jehovah".

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Welcome proudassmonkey !

I have no answers beyond what has been already given, but I did want to hello!

Winston.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit