Meetup

by alfie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• alfie
    alfie

Just wanted to share with you the results of our monthly get together here in Vancouver, B.C. Five of us showed up which was down from last month, but the reasons for those unable to make it today were family responsibilities and such, so the desire to meet is still strong. We had a great time yakking and laughing and just generally having a marvelous time. Mrs. alfie and I met a couple of new folks and I renewed acquaintances with a chap whom I hadn't seen in years. It was great not to worry about what we could or couldn't say. This board is read by a goodly number of people and so I'd like to let as many people as possible know that if they would like to join others for a couple of hours of chatting and support once a month, log onto www.exjw.meetup.com then click the MEMBERS button and find out where our next get together will be. We'd love to have as many ex's as possible make it.

CIAO4NIAO!!!

alfie

• onacruse
    onacruse

alfie, right on! We've had a great time at every MeetUp...met a lot of cool folks

Craig & Kate (of the Portland, OR apostate circuit #3A LOL )

• mouthy
    mouthy

Any news on the NYC one yesterday????? I am needing that ones support-Have a woman in that area needing help>if she calls again.She was very scared.

• alfie
    alfie

Onacruse,

Thanks for the encouragement and support. Honestly, sometimes on this board I feel like Claude Raines. Not that I'm looking for any recognition or anything, but sometimes when a person posts here, I've noticed that unless they happen to be in the clique that can be this board, they hardly if ever get replies to their posts. It's nice to get the occasional response especially when that person is trying to encourage others in their particular area. So thanks again for your response.

Mouthy, I wish I could be of assistance but I'm not really up to snuff re the Meetups elsewhere. Not yet anyway, but as we get going out here on the West Coast, maybe just maybe our little gang can help you and vice versa.

CIAO4NIAO!!!

alfie

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Alfie, it's nice to read about the meet-ups around the world.

No worries, sometimes your thread will get many hits/reads, but sometimes people probably read it, smile and go 'that's great', and don't feel like they have much to add, they just enjoy what you've written.

We're preparing a Toronto apostafest; New Years Eve too, but that's a whole different gig.

It's always nice to see posts such as yours, very positive and welcoming.

• Panda
    Panda

Alfie, Thank you for your meetup summary! I would love to have a meet up near me. Unfortunately the closest one would be in SA which is about 2 hrs away. I actually did sign up to go twice but it fell through. I know some people who have faded and are afraid to go to a meetup and be recognised by a troll. I don't really know how to answer them? Any ideas?

Panda

• alfie
    alfie

Hi RB, Thanks to you and Panda for those kind words, but sometimes I just shoot my mouth off before I've actually got the chamber fully loaded. It used to get me into trouble at the KH too. Hopefully you folks in TO have a great apostafest. Keep us all informed because other groups may glean ideas for their own get togethers; and Panda as for the efforts you're making, keep plugging away. It seems hard at first, but eventually your Meetups will be up and running. In reference to those who are worried about being "discovered", I can share their concerns, It doesn't matter to me now who knows, but there was a time when I felt the same way and I think all we can do is continue offering support and help to any who want to get together. Maybe try meeting in private homes at first, this way possibly weeding out any moles.

CIAO4NIAO!!!

alfie

• benext
    benext

There were 6 in attendance at the NYC Meetup. Since it was scheduled to be at a Krispy Kreme donut shop, we met outside and then headed elsewhere. It's usually the same people every month so we don't worry about "moles."

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks benext for your offer privatly..your a shoulder I might use. Thanks also for your answer alfie.

I will try to make the New Years In TO -if there isnt to much snow!!!!UGH just the thought of snow makes me tremble.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Cool Alfie! I love going to meetups and feel kinda down if we can't get together. The Detroit crew is great! Some of them post here and some of them don't but they're a great bunch! I like reading about others experiences! It's good to know so many people are getting out and getting the support they need. I can't wait for the New Years party in Toronto. Mouthy, if the weathers bad, I can stop and pick you up okay?

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit