past lives?

by free will 15 Replies latest jw friends

• free will
    free will

if you could take a guess as to what you were in a past lifetime - what or who would you be? in my opinion,(since i don't necessarily believe in reincarnation - i'd guess what i'd like to have been.) if some of you delved further in this topic and actually know what or who you were, please share. i know there are three groups of people who read this. 1. those who believe. 2. those who don't. 3. those that don't know yet. let's all agree to disagree and have some fun.

i'd be french nobility with a spanish lover.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I have a psychic friend who insists I died when the Titanic sank.

• Ravyn2
    Ravyn2

I have memories of four of my previous incarnations. The first two, one shortly after those, and a big time jump of the last one before this.

I have told this story before on here, so some may remember it. But I had a recurring 'dream' from about age 12 to age 28 where in I lived another life (successively). I had this dream a couple times a week for those 16 years. I even went to the elders about it a couple of times thinking it might be 'demons'. After I was about 19 or 20, I stopped talking about it to other JWs.

I was a prostitute named Catherine Murphy after the Civil War in some western mining town. I 'dreamed' my life in Ireland and my sweetheart who came to America first, Sean, and he was going to send for me---but after waiting two years I managed to get the money for passage to Boston and attemped to find him--to no avail. I tried to find decent work but that was to no avail either and I needed to eat so I started hooking on the docks. After a year of that, a good friend of mine died of pneumonia and I traveled West to try to make a better life, finally giving up on Sean. I ended up in a tiny mining town and then later in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho.

I was a whore there until I died also of pneumonia when I was 29 years old. I had four regular customers besides all the others. One was a miner, two were cowboys, the other one was a son of a farmer. The miner had a boot fetish and he would always make sure his boots were in his sight when he took them off. These 'dreams' were so detailed I could have written a novel about the story it unfolded. I used to refer to it as my 'alternative life'. But when I was 27 I started getting frightened since I dreamed that I died at age 29 -and I had bad health. I got an insurance settlement from a landlord dispute and I took the money and decided to move up to Idaho from So. CA desert. I had never been to Idaho and never even seen pictures of it, and all my friends thot I was nuts. But I had to see if my 'dreams' had anything to them. Well, as soon as I got into Coeur d'Alene I knew the place. I walked the streets and I just knew them. I even went to a nearby little town called Wallace that has a brothel museum and when I went into the old house I had such intense moments of flashbacks that I had to leave. It was so weird and overwhelming. I used to like to go and sit in the Catholic cemetery and eat my lunch under the Aspens.

I was wandering thru the cemetery one day after I had been there for about 2 years and I went to the back where the children were buried and I found an adult headstone that said: Catherine Murphy 1850-1879. It took my breath away. I did some historical research and found out she was a prostitute who was from Ireland and died of pneumonia!

I have since met all 4 of the men who were my 'regulars' in that past life and each of them feel a connection to me that defies explanation. It was instant recognition and involved a flirty--mildly sexual kind of friendship. I also married Sean this time around. Let me also say that each of these men, have had 'dreams' of a mining town and a red haired whore named Catherine, but none of them believed in reincarnation before they met me again. One has explained to me that he still does not believe in it, but he is sure that there is something between us that is 'beyond what we should know'. I also know that after being a virgin until I was 34 yrs old and a JW that my first sexual experience was just a tad more familliar to me than it should have been and I have since found sexual skills that are not possible for me to have known how to do in this life under the circumstances.

I have also verified my friend who died of pneumonia in Boston. I was even 'contacted' by her husband's ghost in a house of a total stranger(I was not the only one--two other people and a child also had talked to the ghost)...and when we did the research into the owner of the house it was exactly the name I dreamed of and was told by the ghost. And in the basement of this house, I found a mirror with my name written on it in orange crayon that the owner claimed she got at a thrift store...only thing about it was that I had this mirror in NJ as a child, sold it after I moved to GA, and now it shows up 15 years later in Massachusetts in a haunted house!

So when people scoff at my beliefs, (or question my sanity)--I just smile. There is no way any other explanation could answer my experiences.

Ravyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

HOLY SH*T, Ravyn!!!!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Rayvn I would say that everyone elses past lives are going to be pretty darn boring.

I think I'm here just for the single visit but if I were here before I'm sure it was as a guy and I was really hung

• Ravyn2
    Ravyn2

well, I don't know about boring...I mean I was not any kind of royalty..I was just a common working girl in an obscure little mining town. what makes it such a sensational story is that I actually have other people who can verify some of these things.

Ravyn

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I'd be Charles Taze Russel. I'd hang my self early on, and in the process save a whole lot of bullshit for everybody! (LOL)

Steve . . .

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Ravyn2,

I also have had some supernatural experiences that also can't really be "explained". Mine were with the Ouija board and not past lives, but you may still find it interesting. Look for a thread "haunted houses", for a couple of posts I posted on the subject. BTW, how exactly does the dead communicate with you? (I'll re-read your post to see if you've already explained that part of it.)

Steve

• shotgun
    shotgun

Holy crap Ravyn when I started reading your story about a whore who came out of mining town I was releived to find out you didn't mean Loretta Lynn.

Your experiences sure are vivid and spooky. I never experienced any recognition of past lives.....

I did have re-occurring dreams until I was in my teens which I never understood, then one day I told my mother and she said I was descibing events which happened in my life between the ages of 1 and 3.....that was kinda cool.

• Francois
    Francois

I deny that I have any past lives to report. However, I too have a psychic friend who insists that I have several past lives on this planet. The one that I remember most of is that I was a Samurai in the 1500s in Japan. I was unexcelled with the two swords...almost. One day outside Osaka Castle, I was sneaked up upon by a Ninja and was beheaded before I could even draw my long sword and my spirit was out of my body before my head hit the ground. Dramatic, huh?

Some other life I lived I supposedly was some sort of expert in some field that had me doing research in the British Museum for years. Now that sounds interesting.

However, I believe this is my first life anywhere. And my last life here. I will die on this planet and my evolving potentially immortal soul will be reincarnated on the first training world of this local universe's training spheres where I will begin my ages long journey into perfection and the center of all things.

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit