What can you do?

by bigboy 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• bigboy
    bigboy

Does anyone know what you can do if you know of someone who was sexually abused and you have told the police and Norris and love but nobody does anything? Can anybody tell me what to do? I am almost at my wits end with this Watchtower. Please help me deal!

• gumby
    gumby

I'm surprised neither of your first options didn't bring any success*scratchin head*

Gumby

• Ravyn2
    Ravyn2

BigBoy, what is the excuse you are being given for nothing being done? Statute of Limitations? Multiple states involved? these are a couple of reasons I have heard in the past.

Ravyn

• bigboy
    bigboy

There is no excuse. I write to them but never hear any response. Do you think it is because they have too many abuse cases? I would sure like to know if anyone has any other ideas.

• blondie
    blondie

In an urgent situation, a phone call might be better. Is the person able to call themselves too?

Blondie

• FreeToBeMe
    FreeToBeMe

Have you considered what it is that the survivor of the abuse wants? You may rightly be appalled by what has occured, however what does the survivor want? If the survivor is beyond the age of majority (nominally 18 yrs) then the decision to pursue the matter through the appropriate legal channels is theirs. Sadly, most cases of childhood abuse do go unreported, but that's no reflection on the survivor.... ultimately (unless there are particularly extenuating circumstances), the survivor decides how they will deal with it, regardless of what other people think should be done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit