Was the Holy Spirit part of Jesus or a force controlled by God

by shotgun 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Control freaks don't understand fore-giving, nor the grace of desiring autonomy for others - they do understand things like "control of an active force"

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Little Toe -- I here what you ar esaying -- give me afew weeks on this one will you -- I need to start reading around the subject -- and that means I have to swallow my pride, have an open mind and read some books tha tare pro -trinity (at this moment I am too anti-trinitarian to see other points of view)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Still:
    No worries. This thread may have disappeared by then, so feel free to resurrect it, or PM me.
    Don't limit yourself to a few weeks, if you need the time. Goodness knows, we hopefully all have lives outside of this board

When I started looking at what Jesus didn't say, I suddenly stumbled upon a whole avenue of research that I'd never looked at before.
    In case you're wondering, your comments are appreciated. You argue your case well

A Paduan:Good to see you around, again. I'd missed your posts.
    (You did take a break, right? Or did I just miss all of your posts, recently?)

• heathen
    heathen

I was talking about the scripture at mark 5:30. I was thinking in terms of rather than ask who had touched him jesus would have known instantly who it was if he was omniscient . There by using that example I hope to argue that there is no trinity since the God of the old testament knows all and sees all this would have been a no brainer . There are plenty of other scripture to argue against the trinity doctrine.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Heathen:By asking the question, he gave her the opportunity to come forward, and the miracle was made manifest.

IMHO, it was a far kinder way of doing things than turning around and pointing at her, with accusation written all over his face.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Shotgun-

Do you see it as a possibility that the whole account was false? Made up? This is my current stance.

LT-

I find this interesting:

where do we find that Jesus didn't know who touched him? He asks who touched him, but it's never stated that he didn't know.
    Because of his use of words, or at least the words of the recorder, it leads the reader to believe that Jesus did not know who touched him. It would seem a little weird for him to ask if he didn't know. What point would that serve? Especially if he did know who touched him and why. It seems though to be Jesus' style to speak in riddles and give vague answers. Or rather that is the way he was portrayed by writers.
  • heathen
    heathen

Little toe--- That's a pretty lame argument there . I think if jesus wanted to show omniscience he would have known without asking . Religionists are always trying to manipulate scripture just as you have done . You will have to make a better argument than that to convince me of anything .

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

According to Iraeneus the Gnostics of his day saw the story as a variation of the myth of Horus healing Sophia of a flow of blood and in the process redeeming humans. The hem of Horus' garment was symbolic of the emanation of Horus' power. It also seems coincidental that she had this malady for "12" years. The number twelve figures large in mystery cults and the Horus story as well. This miracle produced the 12th Aeon.(the definition of which is quite confusing to me as is all Gnostic symbolism).

I added the 12 comment after posting

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yes, but did this shit really happen ?

~Who knows.

• Hamas
    Hamas

But, according to the Bible, i'd say it was a force controlled by God.

Although that theory could just as easily be blasted away by some other scripture.

Im telling ya, its a catch 22.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit