Pope Francis' Collusion in Child Sex Abuse

by cofty 11 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Read it if you can bear it — it's heart-wrenching.

Anybody who has any association with the Roman Catholic Church has no self-respect.

The Sex Abuse of Deaf Orphans in Pope Francis’ Backyard...

• Simon
    Simon

Sickening.

Anyone who doesn't walk away from any organization where such things have been allowed to fester is guilty of providing cover for such people to operate.

If an organization knew that it's members would up and leave (and with them, it's source of $$$) if they didn't protect the vulnerable they would damn well put more effort into doing so.

It's not difficult, it just needs to be a priority. Too often it isn't because they know there will be no real cost - people will show up, excusing it away as 'just a few bad men'.

No, your church did this. Walk away.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

There are now 5 Justices on the SCOTUS who are Catholic. I don’t know if they are liberal or conservative. If a case involving the Catholic Church and child sex abuse reaches their court it will be something to watch. These are the legal minds that shape a nation and by extension a lot of the globe. They aren’t walking away.

Yes, I admit, I’ve got SCOTUS on the brain. Lol

• Giordano
    Giordano

Totally sickening. They couldn't say what was happening to them as they tried to let others know about sexual acts in a made up Catholic religion. Obviously the truth leaked out over a period of time and who knows what these abused kids had to demonstrate what they endured.

The Catholic church is somewhat different then the JWs. The CC had secure rooms and a policy that allowed the molestation of children........ and in this case among those who couldn't verbalize their pain and anguish......only through their tears........ Totally disgusting.

The WT congregations and the families who participate are where most of the JW child abuse crimes are committed. With Elders turning a blind theocratic eye to the crime........ it festered for years with no relief for the victims. But now like the Catholic church the day of reckoning has come. Society is no longer excusing religious preference.

How does the Catholic church followers trust any Pope or Bishop?

How does a devout JW trust their Elders?

It's all unraveling. And it's because the innocent victims are coming forward.

"Do not hinder the children from coming to me."

Jesus if your out there...... they need more help then just those words.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Aw, fuck.

I really had hoped Francis was different.

This is gonna put me in a funk for the rest of the day.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The JWs will be all over this!

You CAN believe the bad news in the media about the CATHOLICs.

• Simon
    Simon
    I really had hoped Francis was different.

He's a better PR / media front-person, that's all. It's still the same Catholic Church.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/10/10/catholic-church-texas-diocese-sexual-abuse-minor/ Names to be released by Jan of next year? Get out of her...my people. today. The Borg could be so brave. They have to be sued and still won't release anything to the people.

• cofty
    cofty
    "Even though it will be painful, we believe that to bring this awareness will give [survivors] hope", he said. “We hope that if some victims have not come forward, they will come forward. … And we believe it’s the right thing to do”.

Wow. If only the Watchtower had the balls to do the same.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All the past Popes were inclusion to the sexual abuse of children within their Catholic parishs.

In the 1960's the then Pope signed and created an edict that all situations of sexaul abuse of children by their clergy were to by dealt with internally and not exposed to outside sources or law authorities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit