Were you psychologically abused into going to meetings/service ???

by run dont walk 25 Replies latest jw friends

• sens
    sens
    and then after that i noticed that unless u were related to an elder or a co...you were a pioneer..or did heaps of hours and volunteered for everything, or had tons of bible studies or were a brown tongue..meaning a kiss ass then you were a nobody.

SPOT ON!

Nelly ! You are soooooo right!

3 Sens 4

• locomente
    locomente

I think that I was one of those abusive parents. Not that I beat my kids into going to the meetings when I was studying with the jw's. But, I sure did guilt them into going. And, almost had them and myself convinced that Christmas and all holidays were evil. Had them missing one Halloween, and Christmas that year sucked! I forced them to go to those meetings, and my son, (he was 4 at the time), would always fall asleep. When I finally started to question the things that we were being taught, like "good hate" and "bad hate"(I never thought that there was a difference), or the evil of Girl Scout Cookies(huh?), I felt so bad because I had dragged the kids along. My guilt in leaving the studies, and the meetings was huge....I still thought that I was disappointing God. I wonder alot of times....how my kids felt when they stopped going to the meetings. I wonder if they had the same guilt feelings I did. I sure hope not.......

I'm still angry at the WT....2 years later...grrr

locomente

• sens
    sens

Locomente, Your out now so you have so much more to look forward 2

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Weren't we ALL psychologically abused into doing everything the GB wished us to do? From the Platform? At every gathering? Weren't we even coached to informally keep psychologically abusing one another to keep putting the (publishing) Kingdom first? While they chose to call it "encouragement", it still reeks of psychological abuse....emotional blackmail....

Frannie B

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Parents of all religions take their kids with them. For most families it is a given that they go to church together..

The problem arises when parents use shaming, guilt, punishment contol and fear to get their kids to go.

I left before my kids were old enough to object to going. I was creative in finding ways for them to feel less different than other kids.

And when I left they had a choice if they wanted to go with their father or not. Adfter a year they both refused to ever go to a meeting.

Phychological abuse is rarely identified for what it is. And having been through all types of abuse I can tell you it is extremely damaging simply because we don't easily recognize what it is.

And not only did I get it from my mother as a kid but she continued it after - and even now her shunning is a punishment for not bein "in"

My elder husband did the same and like clockwork on Tues or Thurs nights and some Sundays I started getting sick I made the connection and it was leave or die

I left

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    The problem arises when parents use shaming, guilt, punishment contol and fear to get their kids to go.

how true, once again !!!!!!!!!!! so well said lady lee, love ya !!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit