Stupid dumb ass changes yet blood and 1914 no change???wtfge???

by Witness 007 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum

wt is not fixable

they've gotta be scrapped

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks for that reference about hemoglobin , Blondie…. I looked it up . I Kew hemo would be ok but it is good to know where to find a specific comment if ever the need arises in the JW family.

• Praotes1914
    Praotes1914

I don’t have a problem with 1914. It is a fact that World War I started then. Just think where Russell would’ve been if nothing happened in 1914? He would’ve been totally washed up. All they’re going to do is drop the numerology and keep the date 1914 and I don’t have a problem with that because World War I started and it was the start of the last days. what’s wrong with keeping that theology?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Russell's first prediction was for 1874, IIRC (correct me with the proper year if memory is faulty). Nothing happened then. Eventually that date was replaced by 1914. And nothing happened then*, either. A world war where most of the world's population survived isn't the destruction of the world's nations in Armageddon, succeeded by God's eternal kingdom on Earth. That was what Russell predicted for 1874; it was what he predicted for 1914. It didn't happen either time.

* Not what he was predicting, anyway.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

It serves the agenda of the Watchtower to create as many destroyed lives and families as possible. People refuse to believe that the amount of suffering they have endured as a Jehoavah's Witness was for nothing. It is a form of asceticism, which is VERY pagan in origin.

We see the same thing in Islam where peoples' suffering and martyrdom is used for religious and political purposes.

As far as Wartchtower is concerned, the more families that are destroyed with shunning and lives that are lost from the blood doctrine - the better for them. It becomes a sort of badge of honor to suffer for Watchtower. It means you are "stong in the truth", because you are willing to "suffer for righteouness sake"; and hence more likely to be spared or resurrected in paradise according the Watchtower thinking.

Few people realize that the word "witnesses" in Greek literally means "martyr".

μάρτυς mártys, mar'-toos; of uncertain affinity; a witness (literally (judicially) or figuratively (genitive case)); by analogy, a "martyr":—martyr, record, witness.

When people sign up to be a Jehovah's Witness, they are signing up to be a "Jehovah's Martyr". We all know that for all intents and purposes, Jehovah is the same as Watchtower in the minds of members.

So literally, we all willingly signed up at one time or another, to be Watchtower Martyrs - without actually knowing what we we agreeing to.

This is not just an abberant "Christian" religion we are dealing with here. It is something far more sinister.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The 1914 teaching, by itself, isn't a huge problem for them (at least, as long as we ignore that Russell's interpretation was that 1914 was the date of the end itself, not the beginning of the end). The problem is that they added the "this generation" teaching to it, which created a sense of urgency, which is useful for end-days cults.

They quietly dropped that part in 1995, and that should have solved the problem. But without it, they don't have the sense of urgency anymore. So they came up with "overlapping generations." It's a really bad idea that they are stuck with for at least a while longer, and which I expect they will finally drop for good once the old guard are gone.

• FragrantAddendum
  • FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum

Rutherford's Kinemo films from the 1920s are featured in this video - in the one "The Great Pyramid" he shows charts saying 1925 was a key year.

The pyramid chart with the 1925 date comes on and off the screen from about minute 30 to minute 40 of this compilation (the video also has the Palestine and Imperial Valley reels included - Rutherford is in all three at one point or another.) Also there are more screenshots from "The Harp of God" published in 1921 (after "the faithful slave" was supposedly "appointed by God" and "out of Babylon" lol) where Watchtower was still teaching about 1799, 1874, and pyramids.

https://youtu.be/F0C1Jb99fQU

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If 1914 or 607bce falls as well as blood they will lose millions of Witnesses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ten bucks says…

a) …they’re waiting till the ratio of those who’ll leave vs. those who’ll stay (or those who’ll sue vs. those who won’t) has reached a critical point… i.e. when the blowback will be at a minimum, or…

b) …(more pragmatically) when their tax-exemption is at risk.

Whichever comes first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit