The last generation ends in 2005

by cherjcd 18 Replies latest jw friends

• cherjcd
    cherjcd

Hi,

The generation of the anointed ends in 2005 as that will conclude 70 years since the last of that special group was chosen in 1935. For many Jehovah's Witnesses this may be something to look forward to, but have they really thought this through?

By logically working through their doctrine of the last generation it appears that God favors the dead. Here is my latest findings on the last generation of Jehovah's Witnesses and the conclusion that if the Watchtower is right, then God missed the boat by sending Jehovah's Witnesses to start their preaching work over 100 years ago.

http://jwinfoline.com/Documents/prophecy/last_generation.htm

2005 is the next landmark date that will come and go....

Cheryl

• Pepper
    Pepper

One day I will forget all about Jehovah's Witness's and all other religions, they make me have a painful bowel movement. Pepper

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

There seems to be some thought among JW's that 2005 might be the date for the "big one," based upon several different lines of...er...um..."evidence" (and I use the term loosely). I posted a thread a while back explaining the "logic" they are using to arrive at 2005:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/47957/1.ashx

• cherjcd
    cherjcd

Thanks Neon! I'll have to incorporate some of that reasoning into my article!

Cheryl

• Nickey
    Nickey

So is THIS where my mother is getting this 2 year thing from? I couldn't figure out what she was talking about. I didn't attend the assembly with the family. But they came back ranting about only 2 years being left.

I take it this was discussed at the assembly.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Are they really putting dates on things again? Have they not learned their lesson?

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

It's all there, more and more evidence. It just can't be ignored. 2005 THE big one - and you thought the only significance it had was that it the year after the Olympics. Repent you sinners before your arses are torn off at Harold's day of Reckoning.

cheeses - who is going out to buy a new Porsche on a three year lending arrangement.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

jw's just love the number 5 ..............

1925 (end of the world part II)....... 1935 (heavens doors closed) ............1975 (armageddon is here)............1995 (generation change)..............2005, why not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and lets not forget about 2015 (after 100 years of the 1914 mistake)

• core
    core
    The generation of the anointed ends in 2005 as that will conclude 70 years since the last of that special group was chosen in 1935. For many Jehovah's Witnesses this may be something to look forward to, but have they really thought this through?

Not sure this is what the WT says - have not many of the "anointed" including some on the GB come along since 1935 (grafted in etc as explained by the WT). Also generation as in 3 score years and ten - which understanding from the many available and used by the WT is that one based on? Not sure I can recall that either.... As an aside a generation of 70 years applied from 1935 would mean that anointed were chosen at birth? or am I missing something here.

PS I am not apologising for the WT shameful history of dates/change/deception but not sure this is one we can pin on them

• Gopher
    Gopher

Core,

We may or may not be able to pin the "2005" thing on the WT society, but surely they are not unhappy that there is such speculation running throughout a portion of their membership. It only helps bind the people tightly to the false hopes they are purveying.

But look again at Cherjcd's article here: http://jwinfoline.com/Documents/prophecy/last_generation.htm

In recent articles they keep talking about the dwindling number of the anointed, as if that was some sign that the end must be near. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was a child 30 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit