My two week consulting trip to Bethel (the beginning of the end) Part 4

by seven006 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow

Lee <of the still mesmerized class and waiting for more>

• teejay
    teejay
    I guess that is one of the places the rocks are going to have to cry out the good news of Jehovah's Kingdom. The JW's make it sound like they are in every nook and cranny in the world but a few miles away from the world headquarters has already been marked by the angels as a place the good news aint going. I guess when god starts outfitting the angels with Mac 10's the preaching work will start up again in the South Bronx.

Talk about laughing out loud! Way too funny!!

I'm glad you brought the most levity into the account when you did because, by the time you got to the end of part 4, it was almost too sad to read. (Personally, I was right there with you as your faith began to crumble. How disheartening that must've been.)

Very poignant, Dave. Thanks.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm in suspense!!! Can't wait until part 5.

• seven006
    seven006

Teejay,

Your welcome.

Wait until I finish part 5 and put it up in a few days, I'll have you crying like a baby.

Dave

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Helluva Series. So much detail, great stuff.

ash

• Candlestick02
    Candlestick02

Excellent reading! Visit Smiley Central! I've been hooked reading for the last hour. Thankfully I haven't had to wait for the delays, since I started reading it just now..

Anxiously waiting to read part 5. I've got my tissue box at hand.

Candlestick

• Prins Vaillant
    Prins Vaillant

THANK YOU! I will buy the book too! :)

Prins Vaillant

• freedom96
    freedom96

Thanks for posting some more of your story.

I can listen and read about doctrines all day long, but when I hear something like you described, that is what interests me greatly. Real life experiences, witnessed first hand, back at bethel.

Thanks again.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

By permission, the whole story will be up at:

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/dave.htm

It's already up so far now if you want to make it easy to read.

Thanks Dave, what a riot. I was there a few years before you and can vouch for much of this, and knew about Greenlees and Chitty as well.

I remember the day after the stuft shirts (GB) decided that Bethelites should come to the morning table in suit and tie, Freddy wore an old T-shirt all next week (at the head of his table) with the message, "Where in the hell is McCook, Nebraska?" He always hated the GB arrangement, and even said so at Knorr's last Gilead graduation. What a bunch of cronies!

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    swore Id never go back to that restaurant. I don't think a couple of Muslim fundamentalist liked the service there either.

Very witty Dave. Love your sense of humour. Next time your in New York go see Lorne Michaels, and tell him Smitty sent you. You'd make a great addition to the writing staff there at SNL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit