Trying to find WT

by Life is to short 2 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

I am trying to find the WT that says we have to obey the GB even when what they say makes no sense.

I think it was 4 year's ago. I know it was just mentioned in a thread and I have looked but just cannot find it. I want to show it to my counselor this afternoon.

Thanks I'm advance if anyone can find it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Here's a link to a discussion on the WT reference you want:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/279736/we-must-ready-obey-even-if-doesnt-sound-reasonable-from-human-standpoint

It indicated the issue that the quote is from. . . . . Doc

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

It's in the Watchtower 15 November 2013, page 20, paragraph 17, point 3

You can download the PDF from the link below

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20131115/

Or just click the link below to go direct to the online version of the article:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20131115/seven-shepherds-eight-dukes/

Watchtower 15 November 2013 (Study Edition) page 20 paragraph 17

Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes — What They Mean for Us Today

17 Elders who are reading this article can draw some useful conclusions from the account we have just considered: (1) The most practical step that we can take to prepare for the coming attack of “the Assyrian” is that of strengthening our faith in God and helping our brothers to do the same. (2) When “the Assyrian” attacks, the elders must be absolutely convinced that Jehovah will deliver us. (3) At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

There's also this from 2007....

It was the annual WT study article that was based on the Year's Text for 2008.

It dealt with the Isrealites crossing the Red Sea - note in particular pragraphs 15 and 16

Watchtower 15 December 2007, pages 19 to 20

“Stand Firm and See the Salvation of Jehovah”

What else can we learn from Israel’s Exodus from Egypt? That we must obey Jehovah no matter what he asks us to do.....

Today, it is so important that we follow the guidance that comes to us through “the faithful and discreet slave”!....

Remember, too, that Jehovah diverted the Israelites into a position where they appeared to be trapped between the mountains on the one side and the Red Sea on the other. It just did not seem to be the right move. But Jehovah had everything in hand, and all worked out to his praise and to the salvation of his people. Today, we may not clearly see why some organizational matters are handled in a certain way, but we have every reason to trust in Jehovah’s guidance through his faithful channel of communication.

Link to scans

• Splash
    Splash

Latest incident of this.

w16 Feb p.11-12 Para 14 "Jehovah called him My Friend"

What about us? True, God does not make such requests of us today. But he does ask us to obey him even when his commands are hard for us to comply with or we cannot comprehend the reasons for them.

• Perry
    Perry
    (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking.

By all means we should follow this advice. The WTBTS is a human institution. All of their corporations have human presidents, board members, stockholders etc.

What they really mean is that people should only go to the Elders for their thinking readjustments and not be reading the bible on their own.

Here an elder and ministerial servant is helping a member who was questioning the wisdom of rejecting the New Covenant in light of the changes to the "generation" doctrine to mean an indefinite period of time. After, they were done, he had no more questions.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Nice one Perry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit