Can't get that song out of my head

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Took a ride to Montreal today and rode all around the city, and I heard a song on radio that I liked and now I can't get that song out of my head. When I got home, I downloaded it. "Innocence by Harlequin". That song really gives me pep.

Any song playing in your head today?

• shamus
    shamus

I always get stupid songs like "singing in the rain".... or, some crappy top 40 song...

I hate that.

Takje my advice and get high on coke. You'll feel a lot better! (just kidding!!)_

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory" has been stuck in my head all day now.

Winston.

• ambush23
    ambush23

i always get "Head like a hole" by nine inch nails stuck in my head and i cant figure out why

• Adam
    Adam

Head like a hole was my song for my step mom after I left the borg. Warren Zevon's "Excitable Boy" has been popping in and out of my head for about a month now. Dunno why, it's not even my favorite son by him. "Roland the Headless Thomson Gunner" kicks ass.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I watched a show on PBS last night on Richard Rodgers and have songs from "Oklahoma" going through my head all day today.

"............there's a bright golden haze on the meadow, there's a bright golden haze on the meadow, the corn is as high as an elephant's eye, and it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky..................Ohhhhhhhhhhhh what a beautiful morning............oh what a beautiful day"

Did the people in turn of the century Oklahoma know what an elephant was? Great song anyway.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"We're Jehovah's Witnesses" !!!!

• Adam
    Adam

Ozzie you bastard. You know how long it took to get that out of my head? I'm sending you my thearpist's bill.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Adam,

Don't worry, you don't need a therapist.....you'll find in time you can fill your mind with other songs.....There are some incredible old christian songs written by Wesley and others of his time...I've heard them played by bands with a large massed choir....and upbeated sometimes....incredible!

It's then you get to realise how weak the "Kingdom Songs" really are.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Valis
    Valis

Man...the other day I got Boogie Fever stuck in my head....argh! *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit