June 2024 WT: Don't talk about Anthony Morris

by neat blue dog 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The latest study edition mentions hypothetical scenarios of JWs who are no longer serving at Bethel or no longer elders, etc. and says we shouldn't speculate, as defaming them could border on slander.

We could unintentionally defame someone by spreading negative information. ..... Would it be proper to speculate on the reasons why these adjustments were made and to share that opinion with others?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Would it be proper to speculate . . . . ~ June 2024 WT

LORD KNOWS THAT WT NEVER SPECULATES ABOUT ANYTHING !!

• Halcon
    Halcon

If we base it on recent patterns, we may be about to see a number of governing body members get unloaded.

Perhaps more likely, it could be that JW is about to do away with circuit overseers or even doing away with a body of elders. Have just one 'pastor' per congregation, just like mainstream church.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That was more of a deletion than an adjustment, wasn’t it? By adjustment I’d have thought they meant beards, shunning, dress, who will survive Armageddon etc.

Remember the talk Samuel Herd gave with the enigmatic reference to “suggestments”? Such an appropriate Watchtower portmanteaux.

Edit: oh I see the WT was talking about appointments and deletions.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

If someone doesn’t want people speculating then tell the truth. You can’t just say we won’t tell but please don’t speculate. You have to set the record straight

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Persona non grata.

• careful
    careful

DoC:

Would it be proper to speculate . . . . ~ June 2024 WT

LORD KNOWS THAT WT NEVER SPECULATES ABOUT ANYTHING !!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

That would suggest that there is a lot of speculation, etc. going on in JW circles that is getting back to the GB, enough that they feel the need to address it. Plenty of speculation about it going on here, but this is hardly their target audience.

Is there a lot of chat in Kingdom Halls about Tony?

jehovaxx is right: if they don't want speculation to fill the vacuum left by their lack of information, they should tell the truth. They've been so used to not telling the truth when a lie or half-truth will do, that I doubt truth-telling comes naturally to them.

• NotFormer
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

One brother kept trying to bring up in group conversation that he knew where Morris was moved to, but nobody took the bait. I was kind of frustrated for him but couldn't out myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit