pdf's of Raymond Franz's books

by Newly Enlightened 277 Replies latest members private

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    LOL. Jonathan, I am not boo hooing about it. But you asserting that is telling. Much like Cedar's propensity to dismiss any naysayers whether it be constructive criticism or not. Whether it is people who genuinely respect his work or not. I personally won't approach Cedars about this issue or any other issue because he is not approachable. He is a dreadful example of people skills. Anyone who dares question his thinking or stance on any issue becomes his prime target for ridicule and all the logical fallacies I mentioned before. Those who do dare must tread treacherous water and hope they don't awaken the beast. Who needs that? Such a pity. All his great steps forward, tainted by severe character flaws. And for you to declare "intellectual honesty" is highly laughable, considering you can not read legal codes without spinning them to fit your agenda. Cedar's and his printer are breaking the law. Nothing may ever come of it, but it says much about his lack of ethics. No matter how you spin it, you can't alter that affect it is having on even his greatest supporters.

the girl next door - Anyone who dares question his thinking or stance on any issue becomes his prime target for ridicule and all the logical fallacies I mentioned before.

The opposite is happening here.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    I will pay $3,338.88 and not a penny more for the copyright.
  • talesin
    talesin
    When I was posting on this, and I've no intention of doing so again but

Unfortunately, there is always a 'but'....

*sighs* : P

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    10.00 USD = 41.2397 RON
    US Dollar Romanian New Leu
    1 USD = 4.12397 RON 1 RON = 0.242485 USD
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why coundn't Cedars just admit he made a mistake and withdraw the book giveaway from his site?

Seems like he needs to deprogram himself before he can try to deprogram others.

Not admitting to a mistake and spinning it to sound like someone elses problem is a classic WT dick move.

• Simon
    Simon
    Finkelstein - I don't know how the exchange rate matters in all of this unless you are going to track it all the way back to printing costs (which you can't know) and even then, I just don't think it really matters.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think Cedars (Loyd) has assumed himself as some kind of YouTube celebrity, full of himself egotist.

From out that he's lost some personal integrity points with lot of people.

An Ex-jws gone lose and wild how common.

No one should steal copyright royalties from someone else, no matter what the underling cause.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    It is an attempt to illustrate that it is unlikely any money in "profit" is being made by the bootleggers. As if that lessens the crime. Or I am completely wrong and it is to illustrate that profits are being made. Still a crime.

I found this topic from 6 years ago with Ray's personal response on the pdf's: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/186021/posting-links-downloads-r-franz-books-coc-isocf

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your letter and your kind concern. I appreciate what you have done to eliminate the pirating of my work. ... (text deleted due to other links to illegal downloads of his work)

This has been an ongoing, very time-consuming problem for some years and an ironically sad feature is that those stealing my right to control the use of my work usually profess themselves to be Christians yet they violate the Christian teaching to do to others as they would have done to themselves.

[Another] author of the book (title removed for copyright reasons) had his work illegally appropriated and the source doing this even altered the text in places, causing Carl even more serious concern. ...(text deleted due to other links to illegal downloads of his work)

As you evudently know, all these publications are available on our Commentary Press website for PDF download at a nominal cost. A major reason for our doing this is that it makes the book more accessible to persons in other lands, since it eliminates mailing costs for them. Those costs can run $13.00 or more for mailing just one printed book to Europe or other countries. Also it has not been possible, for economic reasons, to have books printed in some countries. As the Commentary Press website shows, four publications have become available by PDF download in Portuguese and two in French.

Anything further you can do to correct this wrong practice will be sincerely appreciated by me. If you communicate with any of these sources you may state that you have authorization from Commentary Press and the author/s to do so.

Sincere regards,

Ray

Does anyone know why Commentary Press isn't offering the downloads anymore?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit