I'm so tired (vent)

by Billygoat 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Anyone who has to work 50 to 60 hours a week to get their job done is being mismanaged. You need an assistant, or your company needs to add another person. And you are making a mistake doing all that work without complaint. All you are doing is inviting a continuation of the status quo, 'cause you are demonstrating that you can do it. Bad move. Look for your work load to increase for that reason.

Suggest you start missing some time. Make some mistakes in your work, obvious ones. When you get called on the carpet, burst into tears and wring a hanky into a million pieces and tell your boss what you just told us. I'm deadly serious. If you don't do something drastic, it's gonna get worse. Act now to save your job and your life. I have a feeling your company is violating the wage and hour laws, check with the EEOC or the Labor Department or the American Dairy Association or whoever the hell is in charge of that kinda thing. Non Carborundum Illegitimi : Don't Let The Bastards Rub You The Wrong Way.

Francois

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    You need an assistant, or your company needs to add another person. And you are making a mistake doing all that work without complaint. All you are doing is inviting a continuation of the status quo, 'cause you are demonstrating that you can do it. Bad move. Look for your work load to increase for that reason.

((((Frank)))) I AM the assistant! LOL! Seriously...there are three of us women managing 7 sales directors. My three are better than the other girls two a piece - I've got the good ones!!! But the mismanagement has been addressed. They understand it and they plan on taking care of it come December. We're one of those companies that's growing faster than we can take it. I guess that's a good problem to have. Unfortunately, it's us office help that gets hit the hardest in those type of situations. We can't get headcount approved until December thus the heavy workload. Also, we are physically out of room in our office. If we DID add someone, they'd have to sit in the file room. (LOL! Remember "Office Space"?)

But you'll be proud to know that when my workload increased by 50% last month, I very boldly asked for a 30% payraise. Which they laughed at at first, but then got serious when I told them that they STILL haven't made me permanent in 90 days which is what was promised initially. They knew I could get a similar job somewhere else with bennies. So they gave me a full 30% payraise AND made it retroactive for the week! But even with the payraise I have more responsibility than one person can handle.

So I went into one of my directors today and shared my thoughts. (Thanks for the advice Arrowstar!) Instead of sitting there crying like I wanted to, I shared my thoughts very seriously and in a questioning manner. Like I was looking for their advice on how to handle things. My boss was great. He understands that I'm under enormous stress right now and said "If it doesn't get done, it doesn't get done. Go home. Enjoy your husband and your Life. Don't sacrifice that for a job. Any job." He seemed very understanding.

Make some mistakes in your work, obvious ones.

Been there done that. But not intentionally. I think today I got their attention by just sharing. We'll see.

In the meantime, I TRULY appreciate your input. Hopefully, things will get turned around here soon. I do try to look at the bright side. Last year this time I didn't have a job. And stressing about money is probably worse than stressing about this stuff.

((((((((hugs to everyone))))))))))

Andi

• joelbear
    joelbear

A chance to return one of the many greatly appreciated hugs I've gotten from you over the years. HUUUUUUUGS Joel

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hi Andi. I would have read your post earlier but I finished work up this morning at 2:30 a.m. and drove home for a little sleep and got back up at 7:00 for a 9:00 o'clock deposition this morning in downtown Dallas. As hard as it can be working these kind of hours, I feel grateful to have the work these days. Hang in there, kid. :)

• Jade
    Jade

((((((((((Andi))))))))))))....I've always got a hug for you. I hope work lightens up for you soon. I know how you feel....I work full time, go to school, raise the husband and son. Sometimes I just run on sheer will power. It is sad when your husband wants to take you out on the town and you just want to stay home and sleep. Take care...love ya

Annie (of the loves to sleep class)

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am not so tired any more, since I had two medical conditions diagnosed. Under medical supervision and under control, I have loads more energy!

True, the 60 hour week can poop you out all by itself. But if you are doing everything else right, eating properly, getting to bed at a decent hour, do get some tests done to rule out any underlying medical condition.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((((((((((((Andi))))))))))))))))

Hope things settle down a bit for you soon. I don't know if anyone mentioned it or not yet but you might want to look at some extra vitamin B. It's great for stress.

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit