The very first Watchtower, in the very first page, predicted the 2016 US Presidential Election!

by ILoveTTATT2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Don't believe me?

See for yourselves!

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    hahahah got ya!

I was translating jwfacts and the first page appeared and I saw that and thought it was funny. Nothing to do with Donald J. Trump tho.
  • Simon
    Simon

Yeah, but it could be like "The Last Jedi" ... what does it really mean?

The last one ever, the one before this one? (and Jedi can be plural)

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Soon to be in a Watchtower:

The Watchtower predicted, way back in 1879, that the last U.S. president before Armageddon, would be Trump.

In the July 1879 Watchtower, this appeared: "The Last [U.S. President will be] Trump".

Considering how they change their history and how they need to have a "hit" with their failed prophecies... I can see that...
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Jedi IS plural Simon... confirmed by other languages.

Can't wait till it comes out!!

• steve2
    steve2

A balloon just deflated.......

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

ILoveTTATT2 how are you going about getting the older publications in Spanish? Are you having to translate most of them?... or are you having success finding actual original Spanish pubs?

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Hi Sanchy,

It's a bit of a complicated answer.

Watchtowers and Awakes I have access to them 100% past 1960. Before 1960 it's hit and miss, but soon will have all up to 1950 (people are scanning them).

Books, pretty much anything except for a facsimile of the only Studies in The Scriptures in Spanish which was The Divine Plan of the Ages, which I can find but only the text. The few copies available sell for around $500 US.

It would be nice to get pre-1950 Awakes and Watchtowers in Spanish, but I can't find them anywhere online, not even for sale.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

LOL!!!

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

It would be nice to get pre-1950 Awakes and Watchtowers in Spanish, but I can't find them anywhere online, not even for sale

I hear ya. I realised how hard it was for the old Spanish stuff to come by a while back while creating my own Spanish research material.

$500 for the book is crazy. Would be nice if one of the lucky owners scanned a few pages.

Anyways, I'll keep an eye for anything old and make sure to toss it your way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit