biggest WTBTS threat

by stillajwexelder 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

xjw-b12 says stillajwexelder. Do you want to be a threat to the WTBTS, or do you want to stick around to help family and friends? That is a very thin line to walk my friend. First of all, if you are waiting for change, to make your membership within the org. more palatable to yourself, and perhaps soothe your conscience, ie the new sign out front......

Do not know my own mind sadly --yes I want reform -yes I want to stay in for sake of family - I know everything is a long way from right -- something needs to happen -- or maybe I sholud just come out -- in the long run it may be less stressful

• freedom96
    freedom96

The biggest threat the WTS has is the internet, and the ability therefore for any rank and file witness to find out the real scoop on the Society, and make intelligent decisions based on those facts.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

A number of threats that scare the Watchtower .............. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm, in no particular order but here I go .........

# 1 ) themselves, they have made all the contradictions, they have not researched properly, they have not been more careful in what they say and do, they have misled people without even realizing it, they just don't learn and can't get it right.

# 2) internet is by far their biggest concern, who would of thought it would of become what it is today.Garybuss made a great comment on another thread, he said "you never heard of x-jws before 1974", now we're everywhere, and very easily accessible to each other, and OUR group will only get bigger, the X-JWS will never fade away.

# 3) I totally agree with time, because this time around it is DIFFERENT, yeah I know they have survived 125 years, but the next 10-20 are it, I really truly believe this, why, one of the most fascinating things I see happening is the governing body and all the annoited class (before 1935 when supposedly heavens doors were closed ???) WILL DIE OFF, then what, more "new light" on a new heavenly class ??? probaly, the blood issue will change, door to door will be reduced, they will start to give in to things that the true JW's don't care for, just to keep them around, will it disappear totally, No, from what I understand, that are still groups out there that support Russell, so it will not totally disappear, but the roof is leaking and the foundation is shifting, just a matter of time before the walls come down. The younger generations think differently, they have more access to info, then we had as younger ones, and the younger generations coming up, will be getting smaller and smaller,and smarter and smarter.

# 4) x members, elders, bethel, etc, are a concern, but they have been able to overlook this people and keep the machine going, because it's hard, not impossible for one person in one congregation to affect the big picture at headquarters.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The biggest threat has to be the internet. Such a wealth of information on how screwed up the WTS is.

I'd have to say the second biggest threat is Silentlambs members, because they are the ones who make the newspaper and the television. They're speaking out against an evil organization.

Third would be the WTS's own literature.

Fourth would be the WTS's actions.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

My apologies - I misread the question.

The biggest threats to retaining and augmenting membership - since the WTS exists only through retaining members - are:

1) Negative publicity (of a sort that is not obviously angry-leaver ranting)

2) People learning skills to succeed, to cope, to flourish, and to love without fear. The more people grow in their humanity, the less fear runs them, and the WTS attracts people by giving them a band-aid over the fear that strikes at their hearts.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    He told me not to leave the borg that there aren't enough normal, compassionate people in and if I leave there will be one less. I told him I didn't believe half of what's taught and I can't fake it. He said that's okay, to just filter out the stuff I don't agree with! I asked him point blank if he has doubts too. He said yes. I said how can you stay? He said he has to help the friends. He was very active in helping bros and sis's who were physically or sexually abused in the borg, JWs from all over the world called him for help and if he left the borg, who would step in his place to help them?

While this is a lovely concept, it just doesn't work that way. There are very few people left in the org who fit this description, and fewer still who would call on such a one for advice. The constant hammering away at dissidence ("Beware the Voice of a Stranger") drives compassionate ones further underground, or away. Friends who get "outside the box" advice from a kindly elder will get so many conflicting messages from the org that they will eventually ask ANOTHER elder for advice, and get a very different response, along with a stern warning not to think for oneself. End result? Publisher no longer seeks advice from compassionate elder, in fact begins to view him with suspicion. The brother you describe above is by now so far underground, the sun doesn't shine.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Well Jehover of course...he's going to punish the false prophet which also crawled into bed with the Wild Beast for a romp and a library card.

If he doesn't, then people like you and I need to take every opportunty available to screw them.

Strange as it seems, public awareness may be the biggest threat. People everywhere need to be made aware of the crazy beliefs and the cost of membership to a mild control cult.

I've already started my private campain!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Stillajwexelder: if you define 'threat' as the potential to change, modernize, evolve the organization into something much different, less cultish, removing power from the GB, bringing in educated people ... then that is a threat to the status quo and current beliefs, policies and practices ... if the threat is the potential of a mass exodus and loss of revenue, that too is a major problem ... and I think conbined with the current exodus and open activity of ex-JWs, it all present a serious threat that could spell the demise of the Watchtower as a functioning and vaible religious organization. - Jim W.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well Jehovah of course...he's going to punish the false prophet which also crawled into bed with the Wild Beast for a romp and a library card.

LOL Shotgun

• wednesday
    wednesday

The internet is a big threat. Individual people are not too much of a threat, unless they happen to hold a high position. B/c the minute u start expressing doubts in the org, even a spouse can report u, and often will. So they have a system to catch people early on who are "doubters" and then they either DF or put the big kabosh on u, so u are shunned and can't spread anymore of your" vermon " around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit