NASA vs. The Bible

by Jessica Rabbit 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

A few more links showing that the "long day of Joshua confirmed by NASA" story is false:

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Hoaxes/joshua3.html

http://www.ibri.org/joshua.htm

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/243.asp

I happen to have a reprint of the 1890 book by Charles Totten that seems to have started off this nonsense. Put bluntly, the book is a lot nuttier than the craziest of JW publications purporting to be about science and scripture.

As for being amazed at things like "36=3+6=9", don't be. It's easy to show that for any number divisible by 9, the digits add up to a number divisible by 9. And of course, the process is repetitive, so by repeated additions of the digits you always end up with a 9. Example:

88,888,887 = 9 X 9,876,543

88,888,887: 8+8++8+8+8+8+8+7=63

63: 6+3=9

This is not magic; it's a basic property of numbers.

AlanF

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ok .. ((( LISTEN ))) All of YOU

I've already got 5 or books here about that ... MEANS that I've already KNOW A LOT about it

I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO : Open a TOPIC DEDICATED TO IT
    To be sure that the matter is clear

The point here : FOR ME WHEN I'VE ASKED ABOUT Was not related to the story of THE TOPIC

Didn't It was false ... I WANT TO talk about TRUE THING

Just to give you an example about the number 666

666 = 6+6+6 = 18 =1+8 = 9 and when you put it on word it gives you that :

666 = 6 (love/choice/…) + 6(l/c/...) + 6(l/c/...) = 18 (illusion / troubles /...) = 9 (full-whole-everybody-everything …) not when you make a phrase : lot (différents) love and choices = you've got illusions and trouble = for everyone in everything

I’ve stayed interested in it because and it is not a detail, I found out that Anthony’s numerology and mine says a lot (specifics and very true stuff even on hells) it goes more fare than for example (every kind of astrologies) basically they are all related to it (NUMEROLOGY IS THEIR BASEMENT) even the basement of ESOTHERISME … affecting (every kind of date birth and all / order / feelings …)

Maybe now you’ve got the point – (I don’t know) but I’m coming back with a TOPIC dedicated to it.
    Because what I really expecting here is that is some people already went more fare on this than I did or is interested to talk about it = I mean reasoning about it going further and further to at least having to compare about my opinion about it …

• rem
    rem

Frenchbabyface,

I'm sorry I'm not able to understand everything you wrote (still, your english is 100 times better than my french!), but it sounded like you were saying that numerology is the foundation of astrology and that shows it must have merit.

It has been known for hundreds of years that Astrology is bunk. Astrology has even been tested in controlled scientific experiments and has been shown to be false. Numerology is the same - there is nothing to it.

Sadly, though, there are many books out there that claim that Astrology and Numerology are valid ways of gaining knowledge. These books are written by deluded believers or scam artists. Don't believe everything you read!

rem

• Valis
    Valis

I don't think Jebus would like all this numerology and astrology business....*LOL* Check outn this for all of you who believe in all of that...could make the obsession a little easier...or worse...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Thar's Numbers In Them Thar Stars!" class

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Valis, please can you copy your whole post on the TOPIC that I've Launched about it : "NUMEROLOGIE, SENS OR NON SENS" I would Have done it myself if I could be for some reasons my application don't allow me to do it the way you did it, wich is very pratical ... so that we can read it directly and clic on it

please answer on the right TOPIC NOW (or I will have to go back and forth from this one to the other)

By the way when I clic on it my application got bugs and threw me out of INTERNET (probably my side only, but want to know if I'm the only one about this also ???) thank you everyone

and Thank you valis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit