By Golly Molly I have the right !!!

by Pepper 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

What happened to pepper?

edited to add this is the only thread I read so just wondering. It seemed like a innocent enough thread from here.

• Simon
    Simon
    Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights.
    The silent majority has been silent too long.. it's time we let that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard

I don't think this is a fair representation of the usually very vocal, very arrogant "religious right".

They who have shown that they care little about other's feelings and opinions. Well, the majority of people who do not hold their views may happen to get sick of this minority dictating to them.

Who do you need to say a prayer before a sports event? Why do you need to invoke some superstitious mumbo-jumbo on bank notes? It's rediculous.

Maybe if "we" stopped making such a big deal of our religion that other people's would consider doing the same and the world would be a lot better place.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I may not agree with the posters opinion but at the same time it far from offends me in anyway. I feel secure enough in my own beliefs to at least say that much if nothing else. If the poster feels that frustrated with mankind or whatever then so be it.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I left a fundamentalist religion because I didn't like the way they treated others, assumed THEY were right and trampled all over the beleifs of others. This is no different. Have some tolerance and respect.

• talesin
    talesin

Perhaps if the Christian G*d (or any other deity for that matter) has nothing better to do, it will bless the football game.

Seriously, though, many non-Christians enjoy a good football game, and some of us don't appreciate having your religion shoved down our throats at public gatherings. We're paying to see a sport, not a religious service.

t

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying. God, help us. And if that last sentence offends you, well..........just sue me.
    This is not true. You can pray in your seat, you can go under the stadium seats to pray, you can pray by the rest rooms and no one will try to stop you. The only difference is you can't have the sound system so you can shove your own beliefs down the throats of others. You can also go to the church of your choice, you can have religious servieces in your home or backyard or in the local lodge hall. You can even pray in city or other parks, as long as you don't try to force your views on others. How much praying does a person need ????

• freedom96
    freedom96

For a place that is supposed to have freedoms, there sure are quite a few that want to stick their noses into everything, who just want to cause problems. I agree, if someone wants to have a prayer, and they don't want to hear it, then do something else.

What is the big deal anyways. Too many people getting too excited about a whole lot of nothing.

Some people must enjoy getting a rise out others, just causing problems. So what if I want to be patriotic, or worship my God? Who am I hurting? People should let people be.

If someone is getting harmed physically, then step up and do something about it. Otherwise, back off, enjoy your own life, and allow others to do the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit