The 101 ways to use a Troll

by days of future passed 8 Replies latest social humour

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

After being around for a few years reading, then posting - I've realized the usefulness of Trolls.

For 1. They expose what type of person they are.

2. Trolls are very good once you roast them. Many are not able to march up to the WT and give them a piece of our mind. Most regular JW's and the elite, would not turn a hair over the suffering many have endured because of this religion. But a Troll becomes the representative of all that is bad with the WT. So anyone that wants to vent on them can. Who cares if the troll thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread? Roast them for as long as you like.

3. Trolls can be just deluded JW's trying to count time or make points. Still - see above.

4. The inexperienced Troll is good for a laugh.

That is just some of the things I think when I see a Troll. How about you?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the recent cigar smoking jw troll was most likely a member already on here who created a fake a/c to post crap and stir the pot--which he / she did very successfuly. i'm only disappointed he/she didnt wish us all a merry christmas.

ok--hands up--who was it?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Not me. I don't like to jerk people's emotions around.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Trolls... a chance to vent.... or "enlighten", or 'Run away, run away'

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

It's fun to play along some times even when you know they are full of it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    That is just some of the things I think when I see a Troll. How about you?

You forgot a very important piece: what is a troll? What you think is trolling behavior might be very useful to other people. Some people label things they don't like hearing about "trolling", when the reality is that they just don't like (or are not ready to) listening to what the so-called "troll" is communicating.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STANLIVEDEATH:

If that person who posted that recent thread you mentioned was a "troll" - whether it was a JW or somebody on here trying to "stir up the pot" - all was not lost. Everybody who answered knocked down the points and assertions made by the poster.

Any JW lurkers on this forum who haven't thought things out about the religion - and who might be inclined to defend the religion might learn something from everybody's answers!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It's fun to play along some times even when you know they are full of it.

One of my current favorites sports these days is to engage the JDubs I know in a "discussion" of current new light, and then just when they begin to concede that I may have a valid point...take the exact opposite side! I love to tweak them!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

scratchme1010 - Most think a troll is the Under the Bridge type. Or a monster that just bashes things. And maybe there are those types.

But in fishing, trolling is putting a lure or bait at the end of a long line and cruising around the lake (or ocean) looking for a fish to bite. Catch fish, throw in boat, eat or toss away. It isn't about educating the fish (unless you catch and release..) or having a meaningful conversation with it.

To me, people who troll, are having a joke at someone else's expense. Or spewing out things without the least intent of backing it up. Or maybe they want to make a speech that drags others down, then leave. Ring doorbells and run. Say things they don't mean in order to get a "rise".

Sure if you have an unpopular opinion, you're going to get some heavy feedback. But those that are sincere will take the heat and defend. Right or wrong. I wouldn't consider them trolls even if their viewpoint defends the JW religion. Unless they just turn into the bashing troll lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit