Do you still 'hear the tapes' of the Watchtower Society?

by Steve Lowry 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    When you sneeze and someone says "God bless you" do you hear any ‘old tapes’ in your head about how that’s ‘pagan’?

Most of the time no. And if it does, the thought carries such little force that it might as well have not occurred. It is dismissed immediately.

At Christmas time do you feel any guilt about enjoying the songs? Can you hum them without feeling guilty?

No and yes.

Can you sing God Bless America at a sporting event without thinking somehow you’re doing something evil or wrong?

This is where it gets a little trickier for me. Who is this God that is blessing America? The notion of a great invisible big daddy in the sky is becoming more noxious to me every day. Maybe there is some ultimate transcendent being, but I can't imagine it's anything like the anthropomorphized deity that Christians, Muslims, and Jews worship.

If your church has Easter Bunny hunt, dose that offend you? Can you go to church without feeling guilty about it?
    not applicable, and yes
    Do you think somewhere down deep in your core, that maybe the Society is right after all, and God has really turned His back on you?
    Well, the idea that the world is going to hell in a bucket and that humanity is headed for unimaginably horrific catastrophes is in my mind a realistic, make that very realistic possibility. As to the second question, see my answer to the "God Bless America" question.
    Do you still hold onto any JW "theology’s"? Do you have a hard time with the Trinity concept? With Hell? With Heaven?
    Trinity, Hell, Heaven - I couldn't care less.
    If you or a loved one needed a blood transfusion would you hesitate?
    No.
    If you did receive a blood transfusion do you think you might worry (to any degree) that by doing so you would have completely separated yourself from God?
    You probably know my answer to this one by now.
    If a JW shuns you, do you feel on some level they may somehow justified by doing so?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT! I make it a point to say hello to them. I will never bow my head and take their silly shunning as if I deserve it!!
    Do you feel strange when accepting the emblems?
    not applicable
    Do you have any impending doom feelings concerning Armageddon and that you will be destroyed?
    Do I fear that God is going to kill me? No. Do I fear being killed as a result of Osama's boys crashing a plane into a nuclear power plant near where I live, or some similar destructive act? Oh, yes. Do I fear that the U.S. government, sometime in my life, will be forced to default on the national debt, triggering a wave of poverty and despair way beyond what was experienced in the 1930's? Oh yes. Do I fear the USA becoming a totalitarian religious state with the likes of Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Ralph Reed running the show? You betcha.
  • shamus
    shamus

Yes, I do. Sometimes it still seems like I'm doing something wrong....

Mind control freaks.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

hey glad to have you back shamus!

Doodle-V

Regular Wine-eer

• shamus
    shamus

Why thank you,. Doodle!

I am back..... yaay.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

No, I am pretty much over all these stages, but it does take awhile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit