JW's 'acting badly'.

by Steve Lowry 11 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

A few years ago, after I first married Julie, we traveled by car to her home town to see her family and some old friends so that I could meet a few of them. Both of us are ex-JWs, of course. Her younger brother, an unusually nasty elder (now he's a CO), worked at a glass shop that Julie had worked for years earlier and that their dad had retired from. This moron had shunned Julie, even though she's not DF'd, for years. Julie still had a lot of friends at the shop and wanted me to meet them and show me what kind of work she used to do. We pulled up to the front entrance and parked, went up to the front counter and saw a man Julie knew. She asked him if her brother was there. The guy said he wasn't. We went in and wandered around for about 45 minutes, meeting people and so forth. She showed me her brother's work area, telling me how good he was at his work. Later, after we got back to her parents' place, her dad got a phone call from her brother. He was furious that she had the nerve to come in to where he worked. He said that if she ever did again, he'd use all his influence with Bethel to get her formally DF'd. Turns out that this brave elder had seen us pull up, told the guy at the front counter to tell us he wasn't there (this guy turns out to be another JW elder, so both of these elders lied to us), and hid himself in a corner of his work area behind some shelves. So all the time we were there, he was hiding in the corner and getting madder by the second. We all had a good laugh about how this was a fine example of the brave men the Watchtower produces.

AlanF

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

a person I knew, (not close friend, but knew and saw on occasion), was taking his wife to the hospital to have their first baby,

he goes in with his wife, thinking he will come out with a wife and child, she dies during labor, and the baby doesn't make it,

he comes out empty handed, totally devastated.

the elders in all their great wisdom, told him to rely on Jehovah and get over it !!!!

he never went back to the hall after this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit