Classic Talk Regarding KH Consolidation

by lepermessiah 17 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Last night I was listening in as my spouse was on the phone line.

There was a big "local needs" talk announced and it was speculated to be about the congregation reshuffling.

That ended up to be the case. I thought I used to lay it on thick from the platform......

This was the ultimate spin job - worthy of political office or a spot on the governing body.

One thing that stood out "While the numbers may not necessarily indicate it, it is clear Jehovah is speeding up the work".

LOL - the work is coming to a standstill. The only growth I have seen in the years since I left is through foreign language. I did that the last two years I was active and it was the only thing that kept me going - just because of the benefit of learning a new language. People are flocking to foreign language to escape the drudgery of service in their native tongue.

The last twenty minutes took ever bit of energy for me to listen to, but I was caught in the black hole. He went on about following instruction, following Jesus example, and of course, that this is direction coming from Jehovah. The holy spirit is busy directing the brothers to make prayerful decisions regarding your family - HAHA. When i was involved in a similar activity years ago, the "prayerful consideration" was arguments about people wanting their friends to go with them or to exile people no one liked to a congregation in Siberia.

Hopefully this reshuffling drives some people into inactivity. I just wish people realized this is all about decline revenue and declining attendance. The work is speeding up alright - just in the opposite direction. Hopefully another wheel falls off the chariot.

• cofty
    cofty

It's like Orwell's 1984 Doublespeak.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

^^^^Yep. So Orwellian.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ahh i remember the holy spirit guided conversations you describe... made it so easy to leave :)

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I totally agree - this consolidation is DOUBLEPLUSGOOD

Morpheus - I could not agree more. It is like Paul Grundy talking about the holy spirit appointing his acquaintance as an elder all while having an affair going on the side (I believe that was the situation) . When i saw that first hand, along with the simple emphasis on field service time and brown nosers - wow, that was a wake-up call for me.

Ultimately, the biggest driver for me was why would the holy spirit and Jesus our mighty head of the congregation leave a known pedophile in place for decades? This was a situation I dealt with locally when all of the stories came out.....I was in a meeting and someone said, "Well, Jehovah handled that in his due time" - I responded "Yeah, because the SOB DIED -AS AN ELDER!!!" Here's your sign....and my resignation.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LEPERMESSIAH:

Oh I’m sure this reshuffling of congregations with the selloff of halls will cause some to become inactive.

Does the religion really think that people who drove to a hall nearby for many years are now going to drive to one that’s at least an hour away? Come on! Even for true believers this is an incentive to just stay home.

I predict that initially some may go on a weekend in nice weather but even that may stop in time - especially for the elderly. Forget about at night and in freezing or inclement weather. Everything the religion is doing is causing their numbers to decline. They deserve it.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I took a little time last night and did an overview of the years from 2012 to 2017 and found that the number baptized was 1,630,722 - amazing!! I would say 50% minimum were born ins.

I then took the average publisher numbers from that time and based on what the average publisher is in 2017, the difference missing is 920,734 because the difference from 2012 to 2017 is only 709,988 showing some growth.. where did the rest go???

That is a short 5 year period.... even though they show increases year to year, overall there is a huge loss and it cannot be contributed to deaths. Look at the number of elderly on the floors each assembly -- and those in the seats above that are in their 40-60's range...

The org has drained the pubs for years and for the 2012 Annual meeting to state they have no hole in the ceiling when it comes to knowing anything and they need thousands of kingdom halls to accommodate the GROWING CROWD- the only way the numbers explain that is to show congregations are growing - but sadly they do not (scarcasm) show the brick and mortar locations as they are combining congregations to 2 -3 congs per hall and selling off the assembly and meeting halls.

Wake up those still in - there is a contracting of bodies -(and buildings) this is no different than scientology who own more real estate and have more money than the Vatican ( not really) but close!

• sir82
    sir82

where did the rest go???

Don't forget to factor in deaths of active JWs.

A good rule of thumb is 1% of the total population per year.

Using that, over 5 years, about 400,000 JWs have died. So (of course) they are no longer active publishers.

Of course that still leaves a lot (about 500,000 of your 920,000) of "missing" - they either were DF'ed or became inactive. About 100,000 per year.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Oh man you reminded me of the spin jobs I used to give lol. Sometimes you really have to pile it on to motivate the cult members.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Here we go.... i predicte slim will show up and explain how the org has already collapsed and will soon collapse but stay around for 100 more years in 3-2-.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit