"Escaping The Watchtower" Trailer

by Christian Gutierrez 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I think the personal stories and accounts are THE most powerful thing in helping people leave. It puts a human face on the harm being caused and people can identify with it and maybe see parallels with things going on in their own lives and congregations.

Few people join the JWs because of the reason of the belief system (it's devoid of reason). They join for personal / family reasons and these are why people also eventually leave. Personal accounts of harm and injustice are less threatening to watch than apostate material attacking their beliefs but also more convincing. There's no need to attack their beliefs, I don't most of them even know and believe what they are.

Silence about it helps the WTS because it allows them to keep people isolated and suffering in silence. Talking about it lets people see that we are not just a few isolated trouble makers or whatever label they want to invent. It's a mass of people who have been hurt by their bullshit policies and if it helps spread the word about what they do and how they behave in an accessible way then it's a good thing.

I think the great thing about these sort of videos is when someone starts the wake-up they realize they are not alone.There is large community of exjws

Yes, it helps people avoid thinking it's "them" who have failed to fit in. No, it's the WTS and you're normal to feel like you do and are not unique. In fact, you are the normal one for waking up and leaving because most JWs do, eventually.

That's a powerful message.

• never a jw
    never a jw

The reason I first reacted very positively to your videos is because you are the young JW's, not 50, 60, 70 year old. You are, in my opinion, more effective than older "apostates" in reaching the younger JW's, and that's the people who need to be rescued. The old JW's may be better off inside the cult, especially those who have never known any other life.

Thanks for your efforts and determination.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Your trailer looks very promising and I want to thank you both so much for your activism in helping to expose the blind, dogma driven hurtfulness of this cult.

I would be interested to know how you might optimise the publicity so as to reach active JWs?

• Simon
    Simon
    The old JW's may be better off inside the cult, especially those who have never known any other life.

I agree with this. Not everyone "needs saving", the religion works for some and they get friends, support etc... and don't suffer any real negative effects.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Doing a great job guys

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Excellent work!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Great trailer we need more apostates doing this. And thank God for YouTube!

I think what you kids are doing is great, keep it up.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm sure that there are tons of youth raised under Watchtower corporation's directives that are looking on the YouTube to find information. A video of this nature should excellorate the move of young one out of the organization intelligently.

Your documentary fills a very basic need of many in the process and definitely a sign of the times for a dooms day mind control cult.

• steve2
    steve2

Hey great work guys. If I had been half as together as you two when I was your age, Iā€™d have got my act together much much earlier and effectively. All power to you. šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I like your teaser and wish it was longer. Each person was sincere. Each had to face the terrible consequences that the JW religion exacts on them for leaving it or even being in it. It was also short and to the point. I'm sure your efforts will help a lot of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit