Special Day of Service be a Pioneer for a Day

by Sour Grapes 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

My wife's Kingdumb Haul announced that next Saturday is a special day of service. We can pioneer for a day in seldom worked territory. Everone is to pack a nice brown bag lunch. They will go in service in the morning then they will all meet at the rest stop with picnic tables and have their lunch and share all of the exciting morning experiences and then go back out in service in the afternoon.

Sound like a lot of fun.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Gotta work the way out territory! Make others feel special by being a pioneer for a day!

Can you imagine the experiences?

• I found a house that had a doormat in front. So when no one answered, I courageously put a tract under it!
    • I heard a dog inside the house that was barking. I don't know how I survived the owner's attempt at persecution
    • I prayed to find someone and Jehovah answered it. I saw a man who was walking and started my presentation. I got to say it all even tho he ran faster than me.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

It's dressing up the unappealing idea of witnessing door to door as is if it were a jolly social event.

Why bother? No one's interested in listening to JWs anymore.........just have the picnic!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

These days of “special activity” seemed great and all until the moment came when you realized that it was no different than any other day in serve-us.

Come to think of it, the Borg seems to lack the understanding of what “special” means. 🤔

• freddo
    freddo

Special as in "Special needs" in borgland.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Well - the Story Telling part of the lunch will be VERY short I am sure.

• burnedout
    burnedout

Even as a full ahead PIMI I was sick of the word "SPECIAL" tacked on to everything. It was never special.

• stillin
    stillin

They had those here. The pioneers didn't partake. They have better ways to count their time.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Special talk

Special speaker

Special meeting

Special week of service

Special meeting for service

Special letter

Special pioneer

• Brokeback Watchtower

Share this

Google+