How many religious groups or organisations have you joined?

by haujobbz 10 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

My mother brought me into jw-ism from the age of 7 and before that she was a catholic and she was baptised twice in her life.

I was only baptised once

Does that mean if you joined another belief would you have to be baptised again oh my god.

Finally only 1 religion 4 me that being happy and enjoying what left of it

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Born catholic therefore baptized catholic at 3 days of age..............................not my decision!

Then I became a dub at 33................................... My mistake!

Never again will I get baptized into any church.

Cheers, Bliss

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

My mother have been Catholic, Protestant, Adventist, and then JWs … for some reasons I feel like the WTBS have been very :

• smart in being on of the religion who claims that God’s name should be know, and that we shouldn’t adore images of god and stuff like that (sorry I’m tired don’t know how to say it)
    • vicious in making sure that you believe in the fact that Jesus didn’t die on a cross, and that paradise is supposed to be on earth

After that … there is almost no way to go back on Christians religions (without knowing that somewhere, somehow they could be wrong)

I’m just happy that have got some news of my mother (SHE CALLED ME !!!) I told her I’m happy now because I’ve found people like me : means ExJWs (SHE WAS CURIOUS) … she SAID “ho that is nice” (??? Ooohh Mumy are you back on the real track?) and then she ask “DO they STILL believe in the bible ?” (??? Ooooooh mumy are you questioning yourself NOW ???). I answered : Well some does some don’t the fact is that most of us are just able to say that we don’t know … but do agree that the bible Is a kind of weird … and she said … “Ha ?" and then ... my sister knock on her door and she said “I’m gonna call you back”

Yes Momy CALL ME BACK !!! PLEASSSSSSSSSSSE

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

JW. Mormons. Adventists Mainstream. An Adventist splinter called "Amazing Truth". Also the 'Russell Standish' Adventist splinter group here in Melbourne

Pentecostals: Rodney Howard Browns movement and the Assemblies of God. Also "Revival Centres International" which is a 'Pentie' church with 'British Israel' overtones.

Aliens: Elonias Foundation,the Orion Command, Ashtar command and the "Horizon of Light" group here in Melbourne. Also "Planetary Activation Organization" run by a man called Sheldon Nidle out of Hawaii.

Racist movements: "The Church of Israel" and assorted "Identity" splinter groups.

Throw in the "Solara" movement and "Larouche" which Ive dabbled in.... and Ive been around a bit.Ive read extensively on most of these movements. Of course, I wasnt in any of these very long, just long enough to suss them out and gather heaps of fesearch material. I probably spent more time involved with Racist churches than any others, (3 years) because these groups are linked with many other paranoia / Anti 'New World Order' groups such as the publishers of dozens of small circulation paranoia newspapers.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Refiners, were you ever a true believer in any of those faiths?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I was born into the Catholic religion.I joined "ONE RELIGION" "JW'S."

Extracting myself slowly for the past year.Then,no more joining any organization,for any reason.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Frenchbabyface! What good news about your mother! Hope you hear from her soon and the conversation continues to go well.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

KGFfree : You know what ... when my sister knock on her door I've had a weird come back JW tought, but this time against the JWs ... I thought ... DAMMIT ! Satan is trying to get my momy back !!! That's weird !!! and then I laught ..

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

I have no desire or need to belong to any organization.

OCW

• barry
    barry

I was brought up Adventist mainstream studied with the JWs joined the Baptists and then Good News Unlimited an Adventist splinter group. Refiner why do you like the cultic side of Adventism Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit