Vanilla ISIS & Y'All Qaeda: Oregon Gunmen Mocked On Social Media

by Simon 13 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

I'm crying laughing at some of the hashtags in this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yall-qaeda-vanilla-isis_568a3421e4b06fa68882bb6d

If this does one thing, it shows up the craziness of the claim that an armed militia "standing up to the government" has any role in a modern democratic society. There are mechanisms for democracy that should be used.

People showing up with guns and demands are by definition tyrants.

Personally, I think they should drone strike the bajeezus out of them.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Cut the power and water. Make them spend their money, then use music as they did in Panama to Noriega, play songs Aryan militias hate such as Sexual Healing, anything by Rick James or Prince, the Barney theme song, maybe a little NWA? Play it LOUD and repeatedly 24/7. I bet they start shooting! I would love to see the white boys get their boxers in a wad.
  • talesin
    talesin

From the comments:

I was curious too as to why a bird sanctuary? Then I found out they belonged to the AABB Union. The "Amalgamated Association of Bird Brains"! Who'd have guessed, huh?

HAHAHAHA~!

And this ... hmmm...

Generations of ranchers living off our land, then refusing to pay grazing fees, amongst orther laws broke. The Homestead Act, the first welfare program created.

From the Washington Post, a history of this family's war with the feds (interesting, they are morons, oops, I meant to say Mormons).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/04/15/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-long-fight-between-cliven-bundy-and-the-federal-government/

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

What some observers and reporters miss is the fact that a lot of these "right to carry" and other right-wing gunslingers carrying their military rifles and toting their .45s are really hoping for is that the FBI, the National Guard, and the local police all show up to usher them off of so-called "public lands" and they are forced to take a stand and actually shoot somebody.

I applaud the state and federal government policing groups from taking a more cautious and sane approach to these wackos. Instead of playing to their propaganda that the Feds are there to "take away their guns and right to bear arms," law enforcement seems to be taking the reasoned way of waiting them out and proving that they are just gun-toting wackos with a distorted view of what their "constitutional rights" really are.

But I think that very soon, if not in central Oregon or the panhandle of Idaho, somewhere there will be another similar event and someone will pull out their pistol and shoot someone - maybe even a government officer. The urge to force the federal and state governments into a gun battle seems just too strong at the moment and there are not enough "cooler heads" on the side of the neo-Nazis and "free range cowboys" to prevent "an accident" from happening.

Even in my own somewhat upper-middle-class politically mixed neighborhood in central Oregon, I hear things and notice things that tell me that even my own neighbors are all buying the propaganda that "Obama wants to take our guns away and enforce Sharia laws on us all." Think I'm kidding? Not really. I can count the number of minority residents and liberal voters in my area with my clenched fist. So to have these gun-toting jerks show up in south-central Oregon packing heat and carrying military rifles is no surprise. Outside of Portland and Eugene these guys (and their guns) are more than welcome by much of the local population.

They knew exactly what they were doing and what to expect when they came to make a stand in Oregon. I just hope no one gets seriously hurt.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/extremist_militia_in_oregon_standoff_want_to_overthrow_government_have_children_in_federal_building

JV

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Juan Viejo2 - "What some observers and reporters miss is the fact that a lot of these 'right to carry' and other right-wing gunslingers carrying their military rifles and toting their .45s are really hoping for is that the FBI, the National Guard, and the local police all show up to usher them off of so-called 'public lands' and they are forced to take a stand and actually shoot somebody..."

Martyr wannabes, huh?

Maybe they're getting tired of waiting for the NWO / black helicopters / UN-world- government to kick off, and are hoping to give it all a jumpstart.

Wasn't that kinda what Tim McVeigh was trying to accomplish?

x

"Y'all-Qaida"... too precious.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the impression that wingnuts always seem to think the only way to get taken seriously is by acting even more wingnutty?

• cofty
    cofty
    If they become martyrs do they get 72 cousins in the afterlife?
  • park ave boy
    park ave boy

Personally, I think they should drone strike the bajeezus out of them.

"Personally, I think they should drone strike the bajeezus out of them."

I am at a loss for words, Simon. But this was really over the top. You don't even know the whole story. Shame on you.
  • Simon
    Simon
    But this was really over the top. You don't even know the whole story. Shame on you.

First of all, you think that is serious? Jeez

Secondly - nothing justifies taking over a picnic spot with weapons in a democracy and if they were not white christian republicans the cops would have filled them full of bullets by now. The double standard is appalling.

They have even switched what their cause is about because the people originally involved want nothing to do with them. They are just land-grabbing anarchists ... or tyrants.

They should not be allowed to walk away free from what they have done but yes, avoiding a gun-fight is good. They should move the media away and they will quickly dissipate, they are the only reason they will stay.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ park ave boy...

Why are you so sympathetic towards them?

I read your story... you realize that these guys would happily drag you and yours out into the desert and shoot you if they could, right?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    I would suggest just deactivating their phones, cut off water and electricity, and then just wait. Nothing comes in, nothing goes out, except those who have a change of heart and are willing to accept the consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit